“Deer Park” 4 of 5 stars

Clyde, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
“Deer Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Neat place to get up and close to animals.The place takes good care there animals & good for all ages & a animal learning experince enjoyed.

Visited July 2012

13 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed feeding the carp”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Last time we were there all that was there was deer, a stinky monkey, a few peacocks. We were disappointed that there was not a variety of animals and it was not very well kept.

Northville
“Fun for kids buy large bag of peanuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stopped here on the way home from Cedar Point. Very close to freeway and easy to get to.
Just opened at 9 when we pulled in. Family business daughter was in front building and Dad was out back taking care of the animals. Deer you can pet and feed by hand running around it large area. Other animals also to feed. Owner gave my kids apples to feed the Elk and Donkeys they had a great time. We were their an hour feeding animals and walking around inside large pen area. A little baby goat exscaped his pen and followed us around a major treat for the kids. Remember this is a family owned busines.

Visited September 2012
Cleveland
77 attraction reviews
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our entire family had a great time here. In addition to admission, you can buy feed for the deer. The larger bags have peanuts and the smallest bag size has corn. We purchased 2 of the corn bags and the deer and other animals went wild for it. We had to hold the bags for our children because the deer would've just taken the entire bag from them, but the feed lasted a very long time with us holding the bags up and just doling out handfulls. All the kids had a great time and aside from the one year old picking up a deer pellet, all went well. The animals were very interested in getting to the feed, but none of them were aggressive about it. My eldest child (7) wasn't interested in feeding the animals, but she loved getting to pet them and even once the feed was gone the animals were happy to let us pet them. The deer basically acted like dogs; they even wagged their tails. There were peacocks and a baby goat wandering around as well. The exhibits held other animals, most of which you could feed. We saw llamas, other types of deer (including a Japanese kind that made little baby noises), donkeys, emus, mountain goats, etc. There were baby animals drinking from their moms and we also saw a pregnant goat. It was absolutely wonderful to interact with these animals. I loved having a little posse of deer follow me around. They were so soft and pretty. We got wonderful photos of all the kids interacting with the deer and other animals. It's definitely an experience our family won't forget and the kids are already begging to go back. One piece of advice: wear old clothes. The deer managed to nibble some little holes in my top and we all got pretty dirty in general. Also, previous reviews are correct about the bathroom, but there is an outdoor sink with soap so you can wash your hands when you're done. The gift shop had some reasonably priced souvenirs and we were able to chat a bit with the owners who were very nice and obvioulsy dedicated to the care of these animals. On our way out we purchased fish food to feed the giant fish in the lake. It wasn't as cute as feeding the deer, but it was quite amusing. We will definitely be back.

Visited August 2012
Stony Ridge, Ohio, United States
“Well worth the experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a great time! When people say "swarm of deer" they mean it. If you have a bag of food/treats for them, you will not have a problem finding new friends! The deer will do what any animal you feed will do, beg. But deer begging is different. You may get a shirt tug, friendly of course. At one point, while I had the bag of peanuts, I had 20 deer around me. I was waiting for the YouTube groin kick video to be made but it never happened. They move along nicely. Human friendly for sure. As for the guy (animals) in the caged in areas, they are very nice as well. Some of the goats will come and join you on your walk, for about 30 feet. But in response to persons with negative feedback... Animals smell, farms smell. Not much you can do about that. I chalked it up to playing with deer and hanging with the Peacocks, just look passed it. I feel that the look of the animals were overall well kept. The longer haired goats are like they would be on a farm. Unless you put them up for "Show" you don't keep them shaved and pampered everyday. Again, I am just telling it from my perspective, a guy who grew up in the country.

Visited August 2012