This hotel and waterpark offers a great value for your dollar...we paid about $250 for a large, double queen plus sofa bed room with nice decor, great amenities, balcony, etc. This included 27 hours of waterpark access. The room was very large, with lots of room between the beds and the opposite wall.
The waterpark was clean and fun, and is currently being expanded greatly (the construction of the new area does not impact the hotel guests ni any way that I could discern). After getting my fill of the indoor water rides, the outdoors pool and outdoor bar was a great place to relax while the kids have fun.
The arcade/game room was fun, massive and well maintained. There is even indoor miniature golf.
There are shops, snack bars, restaurants in plenty. They had live tiger and cheetah cubs in the lobby for the kids to watch. The African decor is well done throughout the premises. Pizza was expensive (about $22) but it was so big it fed us (family of 4) for two meals (after placing leftovers in the in-room fridge).
There were plenty of lifeguards throughout the waterpark areas.
I recommend this place to all families with kids who can swim.
Minor problems include:
1. Somewhat noisy guestrooms -a little too much sound makes it's way into you room from other rooms/hallway.
2. Check-in was a zoo - we arrived at 12:00 noon to take advantage of the full time we have in the waterpark...because of the crouds at that time, I was directed to park and check-in later...after doing so and walking back up to the hotel I was informed I could not use the waterpark without my credit card (even though I had my I.D. and the room was paid in advance)....I had to return to the car and back, and by then, our room was ready and we checked in.
Other than those minor annoyances, we had a great time and will definately return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio