Kalahari is many things and school age children will have a good time at the waterpark. A few comments I will add:
Consider total cost of stay
* Breakfast buffet is $12.95/per & $6.95/under 6 yrs. My 6 yr old girl doesn't eat $2 of anything.
Even eating at snack bar is roughly $30 for a family of four.
* Dinner buffett is $17.95 & $12.95/ under 6. Again my 6 yr old eats $2 per meal at best.
Verdict = we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and dinner at a local restaurant in Huron named Marconi's (recommend...nice)
* Local calls $.75
* Internet ~$11/night
Overall, if money is tight consider staying at the Hampton Inn or similar getting more inclusives and just using the waterpark. This saves approximatelys $100+ based on a family of four over two days.
* Lacks a nice interior and exterior design as in Great Wolf Lodge. Just a rambling building...I was disappointed.
* Parking lot 300-500 feet from building with bridge walkway connecting the two. My view on this is mixed. Terribly inconvenient and stupid in one sense. But...this is actually great for all overweight and out of shape Americans. If attending in December - February you may want to avoid walking through all the snow & ice and stay at Great Wolf.
* Drive up area is horrendous. They did not design this with enough room for all the vehicles coming and going. Incredibly stupid...people directing you as soon as you get on the property on how to quickly drop off you bags and race off to the parking lot 500 feet away..you'll see what I mean.
Room Comment - Safari Bunkhouse
Our room include a small separate room with no door that had bunkbeds & TV. Only problem was there was "no door" or anything covering the entry way and two "windows" overlooking our bed/TV. This is not ideal for putting the kids to bed and staying up with the wife to watch TV (kind of bright). Again, this is the kind of stupidity Great Wolf doesn't have. We solved the window problem by stuff an extra pillow or two in their place.
Finally, attending a waterpark does remind me that American's eat too much and exercise too little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio