The waterpark is fun, there is no denying that. My children (ages 11, 6 and 2) had a blast. Each enjoyed a different area of the waterpark, all enjoyed playing in the dry TreeTop Playground and the older 2 had fun painting pottery, getting body art, playing in the arcade, eating junk etc....
The rooms were clean.
Service was HORRIBLE. I can not stress enough how truly horrible the customer service is throughout the resort. There is a definite climate of "you are bothering me" from the entire staff. For the 2 days we were there, we encountered only 2 employees who were evenly remotely pleasant to us. The rest gave us dead stares, barely spoke, were rude or disinterested when they did speak, some blatanly ignored us. If that weren't bad enough, none of them gave us correct information. For every question we asked, we were given wrong information.....closing times for the waterpark, opening times for the shops, policy for locker rentals....all of these are simple questions and should be answerable by someone who works there!
I've NEVER experienced such poor customer service in a hotel before. Managers didn't seem to know how to handle even the smallest problems. This resort could be a gem if the staff cared at all.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less