We visited Kalahari for a convention. While our stay included use of the water park, we didn't have time to use it, though it was obvious that the children at the hotel enjoyed the park immensely. The African theme is fun and there are plenty of comfortable chairs and sofas around the conference area.
The banquet staff was very helpful and professional. They supplied carryout meals when one of our party was ill.
The room are basic, but they include a mini-fridge and microwave. The wifi is better than most hotels. Due to the outdoor lights, the rooms are lighter than we like. Kalahari is aware of this and will send housekeeping with blankets to cover the window and door if the light bothers you. This prevents you from using the balcony, but it wasn't an issue in the cold weather.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less