“Awesome Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandusky
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Portland, Michigan
“Awesome Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just went over the weekend. We had the family fun getaway package. Everything was great except I am a wheelchair user wo would love to be able to ride some of the slides but havent found a resort yet that has the abillity. Aside from Great Wolf Lodge in Michigan thier staff physicaly carried me up the steps that I thought was awesome. If Kalahari would of offered that would of been the best even if they have thier handicaped gues sign waivers, Also I wish they had more open swim pools instead of basketball pools and also more lifts on the hot tubs not just the 21 and over tub. Aside from theese minor issues my stay was great and we will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you Eric for the feedback! We are constantly looking for ways to improve and expand our experience, so I will be sure to share this with our team that would have the opportunity to make improvements! Thank you for giving us this opportunity! Sounds like overall, everyone had a great time! The Fantastic Family Getaway is a great choice and thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of those package components. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Jackson, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We just went to Kalahari Resort Sandusky Ohio last night! We had 6 adults 1 child, Had very good time, Nice clean rooms and very friendly staff! Lot od stuff for children and adults. Room cost was a bit high but we had a great time.

Room Tip: Get close to the water park as you can! ALOT of walking!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I just wanted to send a quick note, thanking you for taking the time to review our resort! Very much our pleasure to have you! Thank you for everything and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hi. A group of friends and I went last week to Kalahari. It was amazing and it was 6 of us that went. We stayed in a 2 bed room suite that was awsome. It had a full kitchen with anything you could think of, even a pizza slicer. I loved the rooms and the bathrooms. Bathrooms had shower with jets in it and was great. The waterpark was very fun. There were tons of people but lines werent too bad. I am a chicken when it comes to heights but I went on everything. Wave pool was soo much fun and outside jacuzzi was amazing! Rooms are very expensive but luckily I got a great deal with Groupon!

Room Tip: If restraunts are out of your budget, theres a 24/hours super walmart like 6 minutes away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wonderful family resort! There is so much to do and see, you will never be bored! All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The activities and things to do are endless. We stayed in a suite in the Sands area on floor 2, and while it was a long walk to waterpark the kids (ages 5 and 3) had no problems with the walking. We had no excessive noise at night in the hallways there. I can see why it would be wise to request a room away from the first floor.
The luggage carts were impossible to get when we were leaving, and the lineups at the elevators were over 5 carts long waiting. It was much faster to just make a few trips down the stairs to load the car.
All of the food and restaurants we tried were great! The bar in the waterpark was excellent. It is very convenient to be able to grab a drink and watch the kids play when us parents wanted a break. The kids area was awesome. Our kids mostly stayed in there. It was nice that we could also go down those smaller slides with them and stay in that area. There is only one entrance and exit in that area so it was easy to keep an eye on the kids and make sure they couldn't get away. That is great peace of mind! There is a lot of variety and selection in the different rides, and there is truly something for everyone.
We will be returning for sure, and we will most likely be bring another family with us!

Room Tip: The hallways on the first floor are very loud with people and kids running to get to and from the wa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have been to kalahari many times since we discovered the resort about 5 years ago and always have an amazing trip. The reservation staff was awesome as always especially this time because we had a few unexpected date changes and the reservation staff was awesome with helping me through changing our dates. The staff at the front desk was awesome with getting us checked in and they got us in our room at 11:30 which was awesome! The room was extremely clean as always. The park was extremely clean as always. There is always people walking around picking up people's towels and throwing away garbage. We come to the park for one big reason and that is the flowrider. Me and my 2 brothers pretty much live on the flowrider while we are there. This trip we were just there for one night Friday-Saturday. When we first go there on Friday only the new flowrider was open the one by the wave pool and the swim up bar/ hot tub. When we got there only half of the flowrider was working which makes it pretty difficult to do much on it. Later I found out from a couple of the employees that I got to know that the second jet had been broken and was out for repair at the manufacturer after someone got a towel sucked into one of the jets. So then I started wondering why they didn't just open up the other flowrider which is actually the wayy! Better one because it is a 3 jet one but when I had asked the workers why that one wasn't opened they all said that they had no idea why they weren't using the other one and that they would all way rather be over there as well. I had even talked to one of the head guards who was working over at the flowrider at the time and he even said that he was never told why we weren't able to use the other good flowrider. We had even booked 2 private hours on te flowrider that Friday night from 10-11 and that Saturday morning from 8-9 before the park opened and I was hoping since we were paying extra to get the private time we would be allowed to use the good fully working flowrider instead we were told that we had to use the broken one even during our private lessons which we were really disappointed about especially since we were paying extra on top of all that we had allready paid for the room and our park passes. Besides that the flowrider staff was apsolutely awesome! They helped work with us on new tricks and made everything feel extremely personalized! Overall we will definately be back and hopefully it was just a one time deal with the flowriders not being opened.

• Stayed May 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and furthermore continually visiting us! Certainly our pleasure to have you always! So great to hear that you (regularly) have an amazing time! I am sorry to hear about your concerns with this last visit. I am taking some time this morning to connect with our waterpark director and waterpark managers to see where the breakdown occurred. I am happy to put you in contact with our waterpark manager to work through your concerns. As your loyal guest, we would never want you to feel disappointed upon your departure. Please feel to email me your contact info at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com and I will connect you with the appropriate team member. Thank you so much again! Take care and great hearing from you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Our children age 2, 11, 14 enjoyed so much and we did too. Can not wait to go back :) I love the new arcade games, food, room style and I must say my favorite drink is the "CHOC MOL" so tastey mmmmm...

• Stayed May 2013
You have officially made me thirsty! :) Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and visiting us! We love that everyone from the 2 year to the parents had a blast! We strive for that and couldn't be more delighted! Thank you so much for everything and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We just returned to Kalahari Resort Sandusky Ohio last week and spent a couple nights there again. I didn't think it was possible to improve on our last trip up there but they did just that! From the minute we got out of our car at the valet parking area our needs were met and exceeded our expectations! This resort just continues to make themselves over, changing decor, adding new rides, games and attractions and the restaurant has been upgraded too!

I HIGHLY recommend this location for families seeking an exceptional weekend getaway or a weeklong vacation. There really is soooooo much to do! Your and the kids will enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: I suggest an African Queen Suite if you have kids. It features separate beds for the kids in a room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!