The room (African Queen Room) was clean and well designed.
The park itself was clean. Large amount of lifeguards watching the people. We went on a Thursday-Friday (until 3PM) and it wasn't crowded. It's worth taking the kids out of school for the experience rather that long lines (we've done that ,too)
The food is rather expensive, ofcourse, so pack some snacks in your beach bag, drinks, too.
The new addition of the wave pool and some new slides made the teenagers in our group thrilled. We do have a couple of bruises here and there, but they were worth it!
If you can, take atvantage of the fact that you can begin your waterpark experience at noon of check-in day and stay as late as 3pm of check out day. That's enough for just about anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio