We booked a combination suite (three room, sleeps 8). It was huge - full kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms. Only real negative is that these rooms are in the newest wing and are the farthest from the lobby and waterpark. The staff was very friendly - really liked the luggage service. We ordered pizza from the on-site restaurant and it was good (although more expensive than ordering from an outside company). We made breakfast in our room, so we did not eat in any of the restaurants. The waterpark is starting to show some wear, but was fun nonetheless. Even with the crowds on a weekend, the lines were tolerable. I really enjoyed the 21+ indoor/outdoor hot tub and swim-up bar. We even had a small snowball "fight" outside.
Kalahari is more expensive than the other indoor waterparks in Sandusky, but sometimes it is worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio