The park was dirty and rooms were dirtier. The room smelled very bad like mildew and smoke. Our room was overrun with ants and our feet were covered in ant bites. It was difficult to see at first how severe the ant problem was because of the dark carpet but when i put a white washcloth on the floor it was covered in ants in no time. We had to fumagate our luggage when we got home. The sheets and towels were never changed during our stay and the coffee pot wasn't even emptied. The bathtub and sink were clogged. When we reported the issues they did nothing about it. THey didn't even seem suprised and just shrugged it off. Not even an apology.
The park was dirty. It was way to overcrowded over 1.5 hour wait for victoria falls ride. Wave pool had 1 person every square foot and the rafts kept forcing the little kids under water (very dangerous). The air was very cold in the waterpark and outside the park.
This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio