“Good Cedar Point Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
sany2
“Good Cedar Point Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

Let me preface my review with this-
I stay at a variety of different hotels, ranging from hampton inn style properties, to Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons properties.

We chose this hotel for a stay at Cedar Point because we have stayed at the onsite properties before, and were wildly disappointed by the value of the Breakers hotel, which has some significant maintenance problems.

This hotel was comfortable, inexpensive, and close enough to cedar point (maybe a 10 minute drive).

It was probably one of the best budget hotels I have every stayed at. I have two examples of service that beat my experiences with large scale hotels such as Hiltons and Sheratons.

1) There was no remote in the room. I called the desk, and within 5 minutes, I had been delivered a remote. Doesn't happen in large scale hotels.

2) When I checked out, I walked down to the desk, and the clerk (who I hadn't seen before, and certainly hadn't used to check in), had my paper work ready, and asked if I would like to keep the bill on my American Express, before I had even identified myself.

Worth the price, and the best bet in the Cedar Point area.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed June 2007

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cincy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

My husband, myself, son and his friend stayed at the Comfort Suites on June 20th and 21st. I thought this hotel was clean, had nice hot shower, nice breakfast buffet, rooms were pretty spacious, decor was not bad. The front desk was very nice, especially Amanda.. The only downside I could find to this hotel was the long walk to the pool.. It was kind of scary to let the 16 yr. old boys walk at dark all the way over there. They should have their own pool

We took the big red bus over to Cedar Point and was a pretty good way to save money and aggravation since we did not have to pay to park and did not have to deal with traffic. Just make sure that you get there early to get in line.. I would stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone. We did not find too many places to eat dinner at so good luck in finding dinner.. We did eat at Chili's one night and at Olive Garden the next...

If you go to Cedar Point - enjoy, it's pretty clean.. I suggest you take a back pack but be expected to store in a locker as some rides you cannot keep on the ride...

• Liked — Free internet and bus to Cedar Point
  • Disliked — The location of the pool
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

We stayed here 2 nights. Very nice accomodations since the property is brand new. Marble walled bathrooms and large size rooms. We wanted a roll away, but the property has none since the rooms will not accomodate one. Kind of strange though, because the rooms have sofas (non-sleeper). This property is adjacent to a less desirable Comfort Inn. The reason I mention that is that if you want to swim, you have to walk 200 yards to get to the Comfort Inn's pool since the Comfort Suites does not have a pool (or a guest computer). The buffet attendant was rarely present and many items were missing and unavailable ( including any fresh fruit). This property is probably great for Sandusky and Cedar Point, but they need to get their act together some. We would probably stay here again.

• Liked — Very nice oversized room.
  • Disliked — No roll aways, no pool, no guest computer, slow elevator, lacking buffet.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eagle, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

Our room was spotless and everything looked new. The clerks at the front desk were helpful and friendly. Our room wasn't as large as a suite sounds but we were happy to have the couch and desk. It gave the four of us enough room to be comfortable. The bathroom was large with plenty of counter space. The breakfast food was fresh and plentiful. There were many bread products, cereal, juice, coffee, sausage, fresh fruit, and make-your-own waffles. We ate early so didn't have to deal with a large crowd but it looked like the room would be very crowded by the time we left and people started to arrive in a steady stream. We will definitely stay here on our next visit. My only problem was with all the dead plants in the lobby planters. It would make a better impression to get rid of the dead plant material and leave the planters empty.

• Liked — Clean and spacious
  • Disliked — Dead plants in the lobby
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

Stayed at Comfort Suites in Sandusky November 16th.

Everything about this property is first rate. Spent the previous night at The Hampton Inn in Milan Ohio, a few miles down the road (right at the turnpike exit) and paid $20.00 more for a room
that didn't come close to matching those at The Comfort Suites.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
NW PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

The five of us just spent the weekend at the Comfort Suites in Sandusky, Ohio. The whole experience from check-in to check-out was great. The rooms were spacious, and we utilized all of the amenities that were offered. Having the shuttle available to get to Cedar Point was an added bonus. We regularly go for Halloweekends, so we will definitly return to this hotel.

Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

We stayed at this Comfort Suites from October 6- 10, '06. We had a very pleasant stay, and the room was very clean (I'm a clean freak when it comes to hotels). The hotel being brand new also helps this fact. Housekeeping did a very good job, I think they even bleached/cleaned the bathtub every day (its sparkling white) and I was comfortable enough to shower without shower flip flops and take a bath.

The decor is updated, with granite countertops in the bathroom and granite shower walls. The floor is a stone tile. The carpet was very clean (I was comfortable walking around without shoes), and the furniture was new. The beds are quite high, so remember this fact when you're getting up in the morning! The beds were comfortable and I felt well rested after each night.

TV channel selection was good. Plenty of storage (closet and dresser). Ooo and also free internet!

The only annoyance we experienced was the morning of the 7th. There was a family with children moving out around 8am Sat. We got in the night before after driving 7.5 hours at 1:30am. The noise of the door perpetually slamming and the children racing down the halls over and over again was well heard from inside our room. Despite this, the hotel was empty the rest of our stay so it was very peaceful. I can imagine the hotel is much noisier during the normal theme park season. I think the staff should tell people to be mindful when they shut the doors (they are very heavy and slam loud) b/c it is heard within the rooms, as well as talking/running.

The hotel was conveniently located by Cedar Point Amusement Park. You just make a left out of the parking lot and keep driving straight until you see signs for CP. There was a lot of road work going on so it was a little trafficky, but it's probably much more trafficky during the main theme park season. We left half an hour before park opening and got great parking and beat the rush to some of the ride lines (We walked into the park 10mins before opening). It was also Halloweekends, and it was a lot of fun! Definately recommened, and if you like rollercoasters, RIDE TOP THRILL DRAGSTER AND MILLENNIUM FORCE!!!

Although it is a Comfort Suites, the room wasn't exactly a suite. Its one big long room with little half wall things on each side of the room. This wasn't a big deal to us though since we saw pictures before hand and knew what to expect. We even posted a picture to this site of the room we stayed in :)

We chose this hotel b/c the rate was good (50something a night), the reviews were good, and there was a microwave/fridge. I would've liked to have a kitchen but we just "precooked" everything (taco meat, pasta) at home and reheated it in the microwave. Great way for a college couple to save money!

I hope this review helps anyone. If you are a light sleeper or cannot tolerate any noise, I would probably bring earplugs for the in season.

• Liked — Comfortable, New, Clean, Convenient, Great value
  • Disliked — Poor soundproofing - Keep quiet please!
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring earplugs during in season, go to Cedar Point!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandusky Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!