“Clean & comfy room” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Clean & comfy room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location for your visit to Cedar Point. For the money great place to relax after a long day at the park. No pool, however, they have an agreement with I its the comfort inn next door which has both an indoor/outdoor pools and an outside pool bar. Make sure you get the AAA discount for your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandusky Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the five-star rating and review of your recent stay with us. It's really a testament to our hard work and over-the-top customer service when people, like yourself, take the the time to offer such a positive review.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we can't wait to be of service to you and your family in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Most of our group was staying two nights at the Breakers at Cedar Point. Our room at the Best Western was less than half the price and we had a full breakfast. It was clean, had a huge bathroom, and the service was friendly and helpful. We wish we had stayed two nights instead of splurging for the breakers the second night. Food was overpriced and no breakfast. The room was ok but definitely not better than the BW. This is a resort area in the summer so we felt the price and hotel were a great deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful rating and review of your recent stay with us. We are SO happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. It's also great to hear that you found value in the price that you paid for your accommodations.

I'm only sorry that you couldn't stay both nights with us--but I'm sure, next time you come to our area, you'll spend all of your hotel nights with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for very nice review. We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future!
Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My Family checked in for a 2 night stay, during a trip to Cedar Point. It's in a great location, rite down the rd from everything. This was my 2nd stay there, it wasn't as good as my 1st one. The marks on the walls & the blow dryer barely working didn't bother me. What bothered me was that the breakfast sucked (my son even spit out the cereal) & we also used 2 different credit cards to pay for our stay & they must have got them confused or something cuz they were trying to put the entire amt on one & it froze our card for the 1st day. Other than that, it was a good stay. It was clean & also one of the better Hotels up there. I'll stay there again :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
First, thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay at our hotel property. Without a doubt, feedback from our guests is THE single best indicator of what we're doing well and also where we need to focus our improvement efforts.

We continue to work on refining our complimentary, full hot/cold breakfast. I'm hoping that you were able to share specific issues regarding the breakfast to our staff while on the property so that we have concrete examples of what you liked and what could be improved. There simply is no better source of information than to hear directly from our guests and customers.

I'm glad to hear that you plan to stay with us again in the future and can't wait to be of service to your and your family again. Until then, safe travels!
Franklin Fce, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

overpriced, I believe the price of this motel should have reflected an outstanding quality package. The fact that it is one of the most expensive hotels in the area would lead a person to believe it would be more than average or slightly higher than average. Before retirement I spent 50 to 100 nights per year in hotels across the country. I truly was disappointed with this location. I was told at check in I could walk to the hotel next door and use the indoor pool there! That was a first for me. The next time I guess I should book there, except i was told the same group owns that one too and that is why they share. For $160 per night I expected more. I really don't want to walk across 2 parking lots in a swimming suit at night, what is safe bout that!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry that your stay didn't meet (or exceed!) all of your expectations--as that is what we're normally used to hearing from the vast majority of our guests. Additionally, to the best of my knowledge, the only pool that we market for this particular property is the therapy pool on the lower level. If there is a source that led you to believe otherwise, we would certainly be interested in knowing where that that information came from--as we don't ever want our guests to be misled or to think that we have a particular amenity that we simply don't have. I'd encourage you to call our property directly and ask to speak to the general manager to let them know where you received the misleading information. We'd like to correct that/those sources as quickly as possible.

Lastly, as you are probably aware, prices for hotel rooms are almost always supply-demand driven. We're obviously located in a high-tourist destination location and we believe our rates to be very competitive.

Thank you again for offering your input. Input from our guests is THE most valuable source of information on how we can improve our property and ensure that only the best,most accurate information is in place for future guests to consider.
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We drove up and my 8-year old granddaughter said, "Wow". It has an impressive facade. The good impressions don't stop there. Convenient to restaurants and not all that far from Cedar Point, the Best Western Plus was a very comfortable stay. The main beef is that they advertise that they have a pool, but the pool is actually at the Comfort Inn next door, a decent walk across a large parking lot. I would recommend the Best Western Plus over the Comfort Inn, though, as the Comfort Inn smelled pretty badly as we walked through it to get to the pool. I would stay at the Best Western Plus again. Clean, comfortable, quiet and a good breakfast.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking precious time to rate and review your recent stay with us. It's very rewarding to hear when our guests have such an enjoyable experience and when they really appreciate the difference between our property and what other hotels offer (or don't offer!) in our area.

To the best of my knowledge, we only market that we have a small therapy pool on the lower level of this property. If there is a source that indicated something different, I would ask you to call the property directly to let us know where you found the erroneous information. We would like to correct that information if at all possible.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we certainly look forward to having you as our guests in the future!
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Average price for a nice hotel. Room was clean - beds were comfortable. Our room was right next to the breakfast area in the hotel. When we realized this, we thought this was going to be a problem due to possibly being disturbed by noise in the morning. Turned out not to be a problem - we didn't hear anything. The only thing we thought was a little odd was that there was no ironing board/iron in the room. The staff was very quick to remedy that situation and were very nice. Because we got in very late at night (1 am) we didn't get up in time to have breakfast at the hotel so I can't rate that. Overall, was a decent night's stay for a decent price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks, very much, for offering such a complimentary and flattering review of your recent stay with us. It's great to hear when our guests have such a rewarding and enjoyable stay and it's especially great to hear that they found value in the price they paid for our products and services versus what they received in return.

We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel on a future trip to our area. Until then, safe travels!
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The bed was very comfortable I will admit that. It was the only good thing about our stay. When I stay at a hotel, I look at a few things. The bed, the breakfast, and there has to be a hot tub. The spa was located in the basement (no jets and that was disappointing) and the spa was COLD! The front desk told us we could go next door to Comfort Inn to the pool and spa and it was open til 2 a.m. So we went at midnight and everything was closed. That put me in a terrible mood. So the next morning I go to the spa in the basement at Best Western to try to get some hot tub time in, and there was a hose in the spa and it was EVEN COLDER!!!! Then I go next door to the hot tub and it was hardly warm and the water didn't look very clear. I've always stayed at Best Westerns and have stayed at the Comfort Inn next door the last 5 times I went to Cedar Point. This was probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had! It's very disappointing when you pay that much money and only have so much time off from work to relax and you have a bad time like that. If I wanted to stay at a hotel without a Jacuzzi or pool I would have stayed somewhere else for half the price. To top it off, the next morning the front desk lady asked me how my stay was, and I told her "terrible" and she just laughed and didn't say anything. WOW!!! I'll make sure to never stay at that Best Western ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I'm very disappointed that your stay didn't meet (or exceed!) all of your expectations. It sounds as if we had an isolated maintenance issue with the therapy pool at the Best Western as well as the jacuzzi system at our sister property next door. To the best of my knowledge, both of those issues have since been resolved since your stay.

I'm also even more concerned that you were given erroneous information about the hours of operation of the amenities at our sister hotel and VERY concerned that, when asked how your stay was, our front desk staff didn't take your concerns seriously and offer some sort of compensation for your troubles.

Being the #1 ranked hotel in the Sandusky area on TripAdvisor, this is obviously NOT the kind of review we're accustomed to receiving. My hope is that you'll treat this as an isolated case and give us another opportunity in the future to prove to you just why we ARE the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandusky Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!