“Bad food and a bad attitude...” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
“Bad food and a bad attitude...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Some friends and I came here after Cedar Point. One of them had been here before and liked it so why not, right? Well the food was horrible, flavorless, greasy. I eat bar food all the time so that's no excuse. The drinks were good, ambiance was fun, and the server and bartender Shaun were great. But, the Manager was so rude. You cant be in the Hospitality Industry with a bad attitude. I just can't get over that and how awful the food was-especially the nachos...how are they "famous" for them? The bad just outweighed the good for me and my friends. Hopefully next time we go to Cedar Point TGI Fridays is open. Ill never return here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Horrible food, Horrible Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My friends and I just visited the Thirsty Pony after getting to Cedar Point only to find out that all the roller coasters were closed due to high winds...we drove up and down Cleveland Road looking for a place to go, only to turn around and head back to the Thirsty Pony. The last I was there several years ago made a good impression and had a great time.

Our waitress was great and we ordered some drinks with the Nachos that the menu states that is what they were known for. They were AWFUL...the tostada base was soggy, the chicken was bland, the jalepenos tasted as thought they were obviously canned and the cheese had started to harden by the time they got to our table...telling us that they had sat under a heat lamp for quite awhile before getting to us. Our waitress was great and it was incredibly busy for 11am on a Saturday, so we decided not to complain about them. We ordered several rounds of shots through our five hour stay there and had no complaints until we ordered a round of Johnny Vegas. We drank the shot, and then immediately wanted to throw up...the "red bull" was warm as was the liquor. Any real bartender knows that this is not a proper way to serve this shot.

This time we did complain to our waitress, who did not know how to make but offered to send a bartender over. We told her it was not necessary but felt that they should be aware. More food was ordered...mostly fried food that was flavorless except for the distinct taste of grease.

Then it came time to leave and we look at bill to see that the $8/each shots were still on the tab. A tab that came out to $300, upsetting the table. We let the waitress know we were not happy with this and offers to send over the manager, JEFF. This time we accept, and told him about our experience. Not one apology was given, instead he argues that everything was cold, which tells me that he was the one who made it, telling us "thats how we do it here." He did offer to make us a new round, which we declined due to our prior experience. What we wanted was for him to remove the shots that we were upset with and yet he refused, telling us what amounts to that WE were in the wrong. A manager that refuses to listen to a customer's complaints only to counter back that we were in the wrong and get defensive is not a person that needs to have the position he does. I would expect that kind of treatment at a gas station or party store, which is where JEFF needs to be, but not a restaurant. I WILL NOT be going back to the Thirsty Pony ever again and will discourage anyone I can from stepping in this building. Way to go Jeff, you're a complete a$#hole

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Place right outside the Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great food, we loved the super nachos, the Bam Burger was amazing, and try the Lonely Pony Sauce on the Wings Yum! Was traveling with kids and this was the perfect spot right outside Cedar Point and lots to do for kids to - arcade games, bowling, lazer tag - Great Draft Beer Selection and a great place to watch the game, tons of TV's Kind of loud and very busy were the only negatives.

Visited October 2013
Orchard Park, New York
“A great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Thirsty Pony during a visit to Sandusky for the weekend for Halloweekends. I was looking forward to visiting, as I had not been here since it was known as Johnny Angels when I was 12! I was not disappointed. The food was great! Although I think that the menu is TOO BIG. Service was quite fast as well. The bar service was fair. They specialize in many touristy types of drinks. It was funny watching people order a plastic guitar filled with booze. We had so much fun that the following night we brought another two people with us. The place was packed again, but we were served quickly after grabbing a seat at the bar.

Visited October 2013
Chesterland, Ohio, USA
“quick stop after a day at the point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good place to cool off and get a drink after a day at cedar point. Very entertaining as well. It's not only a bar, but a racino as well. funny crowd.

Visited September 2013