“Bad attitude” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wanted to order some late night food for takeout from the bar around 10:30 pm on july 9 so i could get my daughter to bed after a long day at Cedar Point. The bartender was a bit surly. Said they didn't really do "to go" food but he would order the meal and i could pack it up. Fine. Then, when the meal came, i had to request boxes, which he would get 'in a minute'. (hint: You shoud have brought them with the food since you knew we were taking it to go OR, better yet, you should have just packed it for us. Had to then request a knife to cut the rack of ribs since it wouldn't fit in a box. (Where's the common sense?) Had to ask a waitress passing by to bring me a bag for the boxes. The entire time i felt as if i was disturbing the bartender for asking him to do his job. Food was ok but don't ask the bartender to order your food if you're not sittting at his bar!

Visited July 2014

State College, Pennsylvania, United States
“Overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We frequent TGIFridays regularly so we anticipated the prices to be inflated slightly, but not like this! The food was excellent but the prices were $5-$10 more than what we expected. Even the kids menu was high. Service was just ok for a weeknight.

Visited July 2014
“over cooked food that were over priced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

food was over priced and the food was not that great. disappointed in the food because it was overcooked! good lord, we only had appetizers and drinks.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Horrible! Do Not Waste Your Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food here is way overpriced. The service is absolutely terrible. We should have know to turn around and try a different restaurant as soon as we walked in and a women was complaining that they had to wait 1 hour to get drinks. We were seated and had to wait 20 mins to get someone to come to the table to get our drink order. We ordered right away and waited another 20 mins to get our drinks. At that time she told us that they were out of shrimp and my daughter had to order something else. Her Chicken Quesadilla came out in the next 10 mins with the rest of our food. My husband ordered the same thing, but they forgot to put cheese on his quesadilla. Sent it back and asked for refills for our drinks. Time went by; another 40 mins to be exact. We never got our refills even thought at this point we had asked another 3 times and were told that they couldn't fill the drinks only our waitress could. (She was no where to be found) Had also asked for my husband's food and they all said they would check on it, but no one ever did. Went and found the manager told her we couldn't get refills or my husbands food that should have taken 5 mins to make. She went back to the kitchen and my husband had his food in the next 5 mins. We finally got our refills. To bad we were all done eating at this point. Would never go to this place again. Do not waste your time. It wouldn't be in business if it wasn't attached to the hotel.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Elkhart, Indiana
“Wheres the service after 9pm?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The TGIF`s being right down the hall from our room at Castaway Bay, we thought ..let`s just eat here. We entered the doorway. It said "wait to be seated" . There was a girl hovered down by the seating area, on her cell phone. We walked down a corridor to the hostess stand , just to be directed back where we came from. Cell phone girl sat us.
We got our drinks/app. and waited 1/2 hr. for dinner..our salad was served ,with dinner. We spent $70 on a dinner after 9pm, and I had to get our condiments from a table behind us.
Food just dropped off. A large table came in, by the time these people got their drinks on the table next to us, we were done eating. I asked the waitress for our check, she said..okay.. then, she took 10 min. to put in their order. Before giving us our check.
I used to be server...I know!! So we finally got our check, and I said, We`re ready to pay.
She said ..I`ll be right back. That was the end for me. I took our check up to the hostess stand.. countless people just standing there, but no where to pay! We had to wait for our cell phone goddess. AGAIN!!! We had so much fun at Cedar Point , and a bad ending at TGIF`s Rest.
Add more jovial staff coming in from Castaway Bay. We still tipped, but only 10%.
Food was great. But for the poor service on that end of the building..I`m still stymied how Cedar Point keeps this door opened to CastaWay Bay.

• Visited June 2014