After reading the reviews on trip advisor, my family was looking forward to a enjoyable stay at the Maui sands. What we recieved instead was so unbearable that we ended up checking out early to switch to another hotel. The following are some of the "highlights" of our stay at this truly awful hotel.
1. When we checked into our rooms, we found that the sheets on our beds had hairs and stains on them. When we called to have them changed we were told someone would come up to change them, yet no one ever arrived.
2. The water park was closed, but the pool that was open had murky smelly water in it. And it was clear the pool had little to no filtration system.
3. During our stay, we noticed that almost half of the hotel was closed. This includes the bar, what looked like a restaurant, the waterpark, and the gift shop.
These were just SOME of the many bad experiences at this hotel that led us to end our stay early. When planning a trip to cedar point this hotel should be avoided at all costs in favor of a nicer, cleaner hotel. I guarantee your stay will be more enjoyable than ours was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See the Difference a trip to the Maui Sands Resort and Indoor Waterpark can be. You'll experience the little touches that you'd only find in any Hawaiian home. And always, the warmth of a smile, because once you're here, you're family. When you compare the value you'll receive at the Maui Sands Resort against the area's other lodging choices you'll be proud to call Maui Sands home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark Sandusky, Ohio