If you like mold and a spider infestation then this is the place for you. We arrived 8/11/2012 Saturday afternoon around 3pm and the rooms stunk of mold/mildew and this was AFTER rooms had been serviced. There was a gaping hole in the ceiling above the bath tub. The carpets were dirty, smelly, and heavily soiled (need pulling up). The TV's are out of date and don't bump them or reception will be lost!! I followed the cable cord behind the TV and discovered a loose connection from the back of the TV as well as a loose connection from the wall jack (dangling). The kids had the next door room and brought their video games for no reason as the TV's are so old the jack does'nt have a video game port. There was mold on our walls behid our bed traveling all the way up to the ceiling. There were spiders (big ones) and webs on each of our front doors as we got back at night from Cedar Point. I looked up and discovered that the spiders were playing hide and seek living in the rafters underneath the platform walkway. We noticed room service hadn't changed our sheets but dumped our garbage and gave us towels. The lady at the front desk said it's their policy to change sheets ONLY if we were to stay 3 or more nights. REALLY??? I then asked for a refund but she said it was too late and that should've been done before 11am. We slept in our clothes and kept the light on to check for bugs. People, the sign for this place should be an indication of what to expect as my son pointed out,"Dad look at their sign". Their sign to welcome visitors from the road is missing their name and not lit up like the other hotels. Swim in their pool at your own risk. Also, no life guard on duty. Also they don't have irons in the rooms or ironing boards. We asked for iron and they had one to share with the entire hotel. REALLY??? You indeed get what you pay for here. Not to mention we all got sick/cough. This place needs tearing down and start over. AWFUL!!! AWFUL!!! AWFUL!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated for the summer of 2014, the the Magnuson Hotel Sandusky (fomerly Best Budget Inn Sandusky) is a big savings hotel! Bring the family and friends along to enjoy our selection of larger 1, 2, and 3 bedroom family-style rooms, as well as rooms with a separate two-person Jacuzzi. Your stay includes free wi-fi internet access, HBO and ESPN, free local calls, and an outdoor pool. We also offer a game room, laundry service, and easy access to local restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Budget Inn Sandusky
- Sandusky Budget Inn
- Magnuson Hotel Sandusky Ohio