“It could be the best overall value for a reasonably priced overnight stay while attending Cedar Point.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Inn

Save Saved
You added Budget Host Inn to your Saves list
Budget Host Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2027 Cleveland Road, Sandusky, OH 44870 (Formerly Best Budget Inn North)   |
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My son and I have been attending Cedar Point since He was quite small.

We had stayed at various facilities over the years and have found The Best Budget Inn North most consist in service, cleanliness and price. The close proximity to The Cedar Point Causeway proves to be invaluable, after a long day spent at the park.

This facility may offer the best value for your dollar while visiting The Cedar Point Amusement Park.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is situated just outside Cedar Point. The prices are very reasonable and the hotel is very well kept and very clean inside and out. The free breakfast was always fresh and good. The staff were all very nice friendly and helpful with any thing I needed or asked about. The pool was closed but looked very nice in the spring when I stayed there the first time. This was my second visit to Cedar Point for this season and I picked this hotel for its price and location. I came back the second time this fall because of the location and what a great experience I had the first time.

Room Tip: Both rooms that I stayed in were very nice and well kept
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Williamsburg, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The breakfast room and breakfast for this hotel was the best part of our stay. There were many tables, with space between them, and the breakfast was nice. However, in room 133, the TV didn't work (couldn't turn it on w/ the remote and there was no power button on the TV). Rm 133 had been a smoking room (from smell & burn marks on sink), but we had asked for non-smoking. There was hair in the bathroom in room 134. The tub in rm 133 didn't drain. A light bulb was missing in room 133 and the overhead light didn't work in room 134. The clerk found a bulb that we installed in 133, but she said nothing could be done about the overhead light. The fitted sheet on one bed in 133 didn't fit the bed, so the mattress showed. They had surfaces for opening suitcases, but they were unusable because safes were on them. Otherwise, there were no suitcase stands. The train that others complained about didn't bother us. When we told the clerk about our problems she was friendly but said there was no one to fix things and that she couldn't leave the desk. Oh yes, when we first arrived at 5:00pm she said her credit card device wasn't working and asked us to go do something (like eat) until it was fixed. In all, I think this hotel has a management problem. Many of these things could be prevented by using check lists and there should be some means of immediately correcting problems pointed out by guests. This could be a nice hotel but as it stands now we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms 133 & 134
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Non smoking room, smelled musty, bed spread and blankets stained, sofa bed cig burns and mattress torn big and guts falling out. Bathroom sink did not drain, carpet dirty. All 4of us kept our clothes on to sleep ,got up and left at 6:30 AM.....not because we had to just wanted to escape. Paid extra for a deluxe room w sofa bed.....right. Outside Cedar Point, but close...which was why we were there. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one, since ours was the Deluxe.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newark, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend get away. The rooms are a little small but they are nice. The staff is nice and friendly. It is also close to cedar point, I would remecomed this hotel to any of my friends. The only con about this hotel is the walls are thin and you can hear things, but other than that it is a great hotel to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Corning, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Planned a family trip to Cedar Point and went on line to read reviews in trying to find a hotel that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg but still be close enough to all the attractions. This hotel had a few bad reviews but I am here to tell you that this place was great, from the girl who check us in (wish I could remember her name but blonde and energetic) to the owner who we came to know through our 4 days here and the housekeeping staff who were very nice. The rooms were VERY CLEAN, no odors as noted in previous reviews and the price was very affordable. The hotel is nicely located close to everything, literally steps from a TGIF (which I don't recommend-but that is another review for another time) and right around the corner from the road to Cedar Point. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody as the staff does go out of their way to help and it is very decently kept up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stoneboro, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

All this hotel has going for it is that it is close to Cedar Point. The rooms smelled badly, I was part of a group that had 5 rooms. One had to be moved to another room since it smelled so bad. The girl almost got kicked out because the manager did not want to give her a new room and she argued with him. My room did smell but I had air freshener with me and that helped. The rooms were not very clean. Hair in shower and dirty carpet. The beds were very very uncomfortable. The rate wasn't too bad for being so close to Cedar Point, but I think I will spend more money or stay farther away for same money next time!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!