“You get what you pay for...but not that bad overall.” 4 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Sandusky
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2405 Cleveland Rd., Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Upstate NY
“You get what you pay for...but not that bad overall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I stayed here with my boyfriend on a trip to Cedar Point. We weren't dissapointed by any means considering what we paid. The hotel is across the street from a railroad track. Our room was in the front with a window facing the track, and yes we did hear them quite clearly. I would guess it went by every 30-45 minutes or so. It wasn't super loud, but did occasionally wake me up at night. I can't say I would have heard it if I was in the back of the complex though. Another quirky thing was that our room had a funky set up. We got a jacuzzi room (to relax in after a day of being jostled by roller coasters) and i was quite surprised to find that the jacuzzi was the barrier between the bathroom and bedroom. Let me rephrase...the only thing between the toilet and the bed was the jacuzzi and two bath curtains!! Yikes; no privacy to say the least! Not only could you hear everything going on, but you could see the shadows of the other person too. Moving on, the breakfast was great. Bagels, danish, muffins, fruit, many cereals, granola bars, yogurt, pop-tarts, etc. Not too shabby for free. The room was pretty clean from what I remember, and I am a bit of a neat-freak if that means anything. The only thing that I noticed was that the staff seemed a bit unprofessional sometimes...mostly the cleaners. I noticed them cleaning in their pajamas, eating breakfast with guests, and smoking in the rooms. The pool was also pretty small. But other than that, the place wasn't bad. If you're looking for somewhere to crash after a long day at the park I'd recommend this place. It's nice and close too to Cedar Point. But if you're looking for a romantic getaway, I'd suggest going somewhere else. Hope this helps!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milw., WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Booked this hotel online as we were going to spend the day at Cedar Point. I was skeptical to say the least but figured it was only going to be for one night so what the heck. They gave me a room near the back of the property and there was hardly anyone else there which was another warning sign since it was the beginning of the Labor Day weekend.

Upon entering the room a strong stench of mold was evident as my wife started to sneeze. The fronts of the drawers were all busted off on the dresser and the bed was so hard you could put a net across the middle of it and play ping pong it f you wanted too. The room was really outdated and worn.

We immediately decided to leave and then noticed a squished dead mouse outside our door as well (this is a motel not a hotel). The upside to this is that they didn't charge me for the room and I got to sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I found this place a tough place to sleep mainly due to the next room inhabitants having to watch the late movie! If the television hadn't been playing I might not have noticed how thin the walls are between rooms. (Slept well once Die Hard 2 was finished!)The rooms are a good size and have decent fridge and microwave in each room. The breakfast was quite good with a nice assortment of food including several types of Yogurt. The pool and hot tub were nice but small and I can imagine how crowded they would be when all the families return from their Cedar Point Amusement Park outing. All in all not a great place to stay but would stay again if need be.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
North East Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

We spent 2 nights here. The hotel staff was great, check in was fast and easy. (Be sure to use their website, they have the best rates) The hotel is about 1 mile off the main drag (rt250) very close to cedar point and the beaches. it is unfortunate that the hotel is located across the street from a MAJOR rail line. The trains do come by fast-furious- and often.
The rooms are small, but very clean. The wi-fi is fast, dependable and free. The free continental breakfast was good and plentiful. it is served in a screened in room next to the pool. Very nice actually. The pool was very nice and just the right size. The hot tub was great and worked nicely. If you want to get some pizza, eat at Chet and Matt's Pizza or get a carryout. It was fantastic. and inexpensive. (a large and small pizza for less than 20 bucks) All in all, I think the hotel staff does an excellent job, with what they have to work with. I won't recommend this hotel to a friend for the only reason of the trains.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Warnsveld
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed here for our visit to Cedar Point which is just down the road.
The staff is friendly and wonderfull. The rooms are not the cleanest around. The thing that bothered me was the noisy hotel rooms. You could here every squeek in the hotel. The railroad nearby keeps you awake at night. I'm pretty sure you can find a better hotel in Sandusky.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stayed here on a recent trip to Cedar Point, with our grown childern and their spouses. I was very impressed, especially for the price. We stayed at a different place last year that was $10 cheaper, and WOW what a difference. Rooms were clean, spacious and I loved the jacuzzi, it felt great after walking and riding coasters all day. The contentiental breakfast was fantastic, the best array I have ever seen. The person tendning the breakfast (Tim) did an excellent job. We were there a couple of times through out the breakfast (late sleepers!!) and it was always well stocked. Even right up until it was supposed to be over. I will definately be staying here again next year when we have our yearly get away!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We just returned from a week-end trip to Cedar Point. I was looking for a reasonable hotel which included a continental breakfast. We booked this hotel because it met our criteria. It was also very close to Cedar Point which was very convenient. The hotel rooms are dated but very clean and plenty of room. The pool area was great and very clean. The continental breakfast was GREAT!!!!! We would stay here again. What we paid to stay here for 2 nights we couldn't have stayed at other hotels in the area for 1 night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Sandusky? Share your experiences!