“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Culloden, West Virginia
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Can't think of anything negative to say about this motel. Obviously it's nothing fancy but it was clean and comfortable and they allow dogs. It was cold and rainy the night we arrived but our room was nice and toasty! We will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Enola, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

After constantly reading reviews and prices for hotels I opted to stay here on my final Cedar Point trip of the year. I was looking to cut some costs since I've already spent plenty on several visits to Cedar Point in 2012. If you are using the exterior looks to choose your hotel you will probably skip by this place. It's a basic looking older exterior but it's what's on the inside that counts. The pool (small) was closed this time of the year and I didn't try the free breakfast so I have no comments on those items. The room appeared to have gone through a recent "makeover". The carpet looked new, the walls looked as though they had been recently painted, and the tile in the foyer and bath looked new. The sink is outside the bathroom which makes it easier for two people to be getting ready at the same time. The bathroom was clean as was the rest of the room. The room also came with a microwave and a fridge. My only complaint was that I had a non-smoking room but the faint odor of smoke seemed to be entering the room through the wall outlets on each side of the room. The smell of smoke was also apparent upon leaving the room due to the smoking receptacles placed outside the rooms. The hotel is across the street from a very busy rail system. You won't hear any train whistles but you will here the rumbling of the trains as they pass by at all hours of the day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel is a fine choice for a budget stay. Houskeeping only did half the job, though; just left. new towels and made the bed. The trash wasn't dumped, floor wasn't vacuumed, and coffee.was not restocked. While I would still recomend this hotel, do remember there's a reason the price is so low.

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Look - it's Sandusky. What do you want? For the price, which by the way they jacked DOWN when I got there because there was a cheaper advertised price on the website the day before is AMAZING! The staff are incredibly nice, the breakfast is AIGHT (hey, saved us the extra six dollars- it was fine man!). The shower was strong and warm, and the TV worked. What else can I say. In the summers, you probably have to leave the AC on, it gets muggy. If you're a family, bring a soccer ball because HOLY MONKEY THERE IS A HUGE FIELD next door!
I liked this place, the staff was awesome, and Cedar Point is a hop skip and a jump away. Great place, no complaints!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Allen Park, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We booked this hotel through priceline because we planned to go to Cedar Point and then Kalahari, both of which are pricey places so we just needed a cheap overnight room. Knights Inn got excellent reviews so I said WHY NOT! I work at an IHG property hotel so I'm usually quite picky. Our stay was EXCELLENT. The staff was friendly. The hotel was conveniently located between both our destinations. The room was clean and cozy. The in room safe was a god send because we had our iPad with us and was nice to be able to lock it up in the room while at CP. The breakfast in the morning was your standard cold breakfast, but great!!! I couldn't have gotten a better deal!! We will be back!! =]

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently stayed here for two nights. The place was very clean. The room had a slight paint scent to it, so I'm assuming it was recently painted. The room had a nice sized refrigerator and microwave. There was also strong, free wifi access in the room. The pool looked nice, but I didn't use it nor what appeared to be laundry facilities. The breakfast area and office don't open until 8 am so if you need to leave early, pick up your breakfast before 11 pm the night before. Breakfast options included pop tarts, packaged muffins, granola bars, 3 types of cereal, apples and bananas.

The reason the hotel did not get an excellent rating was primarily due to the thin walls. They are across the street from train tracks and the trains run all night long occasionally blowing their whistles. Also, I could hear the person above me toss and turn because of the squeaking of the bed springs. BTW, the beds are hard which you may or may not like.

I'd stay here again.

The review form is requiring me to pick a type of trip and only allowing me to select one from business, couples, family, friends, or solo. The first night I stayed solo. The second night friends joined me. It was for a conference which might become business related but right now was for personal edification. I'm picking solo in order to get the review published.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

VERY IMPRESSED. Very affodable and clean. The breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT not much missing.(for a continental breakfast) Also there was a person making sure nothing ran out. The pool was small but it was nice and warm and they had a hot tub there too. Be forewarned the trains are close by, but I loved it. Relaxing there too!

Room Tip: don't think there is a bad room...