“Cheap room for Cedar Point” 3 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Sandusky
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2405 Cleveland Rd., Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Ranked #13 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
Adrian, Michigan
“Cheap room for Cedar Point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The people were great and you are only five minutes from Cedar Point. The train was located across the street and did go by a lot but the kids enjoyed it and it did not seem that loud at night. The room had an apple left behind the night stand and needed to be swept in the corners. The extra lock on the door was broken. The A/C would shut off and we would wake up hot in the middle of the night. The price was low but I still expected a decent and secure room. The room had a mini fridge, microwave, and small safe which all worked nicely. The hotel was more suited for a group of friends just needing a place to stay at night.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Au Train, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

For what you pay for a room, it was a good deal. It is an older property but it was clean. Breakfast was decent with choices for all and was served outside in a Pavilion, which added character. I would stay here if I was in Sandusky again. It was worth the $$. The desk clerk went out of the way to be friendly especially since she was the ONLY employee there and it was very busy---I gave it a 4 just because of her.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
roanoke in
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you are considering staying here, please be advised that you should ask on what floor a room is located. My wife and I prefer not to have anyone over top of us, so we asked for and were given a room in the 300 building which has only one floor. The pool and outside hot tub were just okay, but not deserving of any complaints. The breakfast was pretty good, with something for everybody. Railroad tracks are located directly across the street. Our room was of decent size, and everything worked. It is about a 5 minute drive to Cedar Point from this inn. The parking is ample and the spots are wide. Staff was very friendly and eager to serve.

Room Tip: Stay in a 300 room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We arrived at about 7pm, were checked in with fast and friendly service. Our room was clean and the AC was cranked down for us already!
The rooms appeared to have fresh paint and updated fixtures, though one of our lamps didn't work. Our room had a normal tub, our friends got a slightly larger Jacuzzi tub in their room.
Some of the furniture appeared to have seen better days, but in general was clean and functional. Our rooms came with a microwave and mini fridge which was very useful!
Staff was friendly and accommodating when I requested extra toiletries and coffee, and they abided by our do not disturb sign while we were away at Cedar Point for the day.
Breakfast was very generous, but limited if you're on a low-carb diet. My friends had many options to choose from - bagels, muffins, waffles, cereal, donuts, pastries of various sorts. All I had to eat was Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese :(
The room was very clean, and I found the bed comfortable. My fiance wasn't pleased with the bed but I slept well and didn't experience any problems. We didn't see any bugs either, however the exterior of the hotel is covered in spiders, and a sign on the breakfast room door warns of bees.
The pool was small, but good enough for some late afternoon soaking - keep in mind it is not open past 9:30 so don't expect to hop in after a long day at Cedar Point.
Some people may have trouble sleeping with the trains that go by, starting about 9pm and going till who knows when. I usually sleep with earplugs, however, so I didn't have any trouble sleeping and was not woken up in the night by the noise. I would suggest if you think this will be a problem for you to ask for a room at the rear of the hotel - our friend's room (near the back) was significantly more quiet than ours (which was at the front of the hotel).
We didn't have any issues with our neighbors, though the fire alarm did go off at about 11pm on our first night (we were still up playing cards!) Note to potential guests, keep your bathroom door closed while taking a shower as the steam can set off the fire alarm!
We never had any trouble finding a parking spot near our room, though if you get there late (after Cedar Point closes) it will definitely be more crowded than in the middle of the day.
Overall, I'd stay here again if I was planning on going to Cedar Point. It's cheap, its close, and you at least get a decent breakfast and a hot shower out of it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back of the hotel to avoid train noise, they also seemed to be more recently...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here because it was just a short drive away from cedar point. Rooms were small, but given the cost, can't have very high expectations. Was nice and quiet.

What got me was the breakfast. Free with the room each morning. Really good selection always kept stocked. Frozen waffles cooked to you liking with a toaster oven to cook them with. All kinds of different sweets available, also very healthy fruits to choose from as well. All in all, they can charge nearly twice as much and still have plenty of people walking away happy.

Easy to complain about the very minor details, such as the sink being outside the bathroom and also being small..... but really what are you in the room for that you really need the need and a big bathroom for?

Staff is very friendly and try to meet all your needs they can do, when it's possible. When i tried the internet during the day, it was kinda slow, but again, minor detail, not a big deal when really it's just a room to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Carmel, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. They were so helpful with us when we asked alot of questions! If I forgot my key card one of the staff used theirs for me. We will definitely stay here again. We couldn't ask for a more friendly staff. The entire facilitiy was quite clean and nice. There was one family that had left "alot of trash" in the parking lot, even a hotel towel !! The maintenance personnel was right on it and cleaned it up quickly.
Knights Inn, Thank you for making our vacation a pleasent one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Walled Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here when I as visiting cedar point I was very nervous. I did read the reviews, all we're very good. It's not the ritz like everyone already says. The room was great no bad smell or any of that when we got into the room air conditioning was already on for both room. They were both very clean. Didn't expect a small jacuzzi bath tub so that was a plus:). Nice flat screen tv and beds are comfortable. Hint though turn the lights off when walking outside in the evening so it doesn't attract bugs. Breakfast was not that special and wish the pool stayed open longer we wanted to swim when we got back. I will definately be staying here again:)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Sandusky? Share your experiences!