“Great Time at Great Wolf-Sandusky” 4 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4600 Milan Road, Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Canton, Ohio, United States
“Great Time at Great Wolf-Sandusky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have taken my twin daughters twice to Great Wolf at age 2 1/2 and again at age 3. They love it there. The waterpark is small and I think geared towards younger kids. There is enough for them to do, they love going down the small slides. The rooms are very nice and good size. We always stay in a 2 queen bed room with a sofa pullout that is also a queen. The rooms have a microwave, coffeepot and mini fridge. I definitely recommend Great Wolf for kids age 10 and under. The breakfast is good but pricey. We ate dinner at the grill and the food was terrible and overpriced. Check in is fast and easy. Story time is very cute, Wiley the Wolf comes out and reads a story in the lobby at 8 PM.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our little one is turning 12 in May and we decided to take a trip to a waterpark as his gift. He loves swimming and has enjoyed waterparks in the past. Great Wolf Lodge is not a huge waterpark, but there is plenty to do and kept our guy occupied for hours. When not in pools, he had a great time playing Magic Quest, which had him running all over the hotel, collecting gold and runes. Whoever came up with that game is genius! Our hotel room was so clean and very comfortable. Having 2 televisions was a nice bonus! The staff is super friendly and helpful. The restaurants at the hotel were reasonably priced and served decent food. There are quite a few restaurants in the area, too. All in all, we had a terrific time and would love to stay again!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went to this Waterpark over Kalahari, and at first I was unsure because of my kids ages. I was thinking maybe they would be too old because most of the reviews seemed that this park catered to small children but I found that to be not true. Don't get me wrong, they have great play areas for small kids, but the slides and the pools were great and more than enough for my kids, one of which is a teenager. I like the fact that the park is on the smaller side because then you can see pretty much everything that is going on and not have to worry which area your child is in. The park and hotel are also incredibly clean. I did not see one thing floating in the pool(s), especially being that you can eat in the area. The lobby, hallways and room were incredibly clean and the beds were very comfortable. We stayed in a fireplace loft suite and it was very roomy. My only complaint is that we had six people in one room, it would have been nice if the half bath in the loft was a full bath or at least a shower without a tub, but I knew this going in. It was rainy so the fireplace made for a nice addition. We also had a deck and that was nice to sit out there and eat breakfast. We ate at the retsaurants one day and they were fine. It was not the best food I ever had, but it was fine. Before I wrote this review I asked everyone in my party for their feedback and not one person had a bad thing to say. I have stayed at Kalahari before and vowed never to go back. I will for sure come back to this resort. On a sidenote, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Everyone we encountered said hello or asked if we needed anything. It was very refreshing to have great customer service!

Room Tip: I found it to be very quiet even though there were a ton of kids and we were in the middle of the ha...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 15month old, and i stayed here for a weekend trip to celebrate my birthday. We stayed in a whirlpool suite and it couldnt have been more perfect! The waterpark is on the smaller side, but more than okay for our small child...it's definitely a good place to take young children (teens would be bored). The onsite eateries are limited, but there are tons of restaurants close by and a grocery store right next to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and cozy, our whirlpool suite had a fireplace and two tvs! Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for a nice weekend getaway with the family!

• Stayed April 2013
Bridgeport, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Really, got little ones at home that need a fun getaway? Haven't done it yet because of the cost? Pack up the wife and kids and take 'em here! Nice, affordable, medium sized water park. Wife and I had a great time cause the kids had a great time. Seriously, the place isn't so huge that you loose your kids, the place is clean, staff is friendly, food was good and reasonbly priced. The whole 'log cabin' theme is cool! Was our first waterpark adventure and we had a blast!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went in June 2007. Great year! My cousins and I visited Ohio to go to Cedar Point and we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge. I'm very happy we did! It's a fun hotel.

✓ Standalone Greatness
Want to take your kids (maybe ages 5-10) on a vacation? You can take them to the Great Wolf Lodge and be set. There's a ton to do here. It's a very nice getaway for families.

✓ Water "Park"
Is very impressive, and huge! Since it's indoors, it's open year round. In my opinion it's most suitable for kids under the age of 10. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. You could go to this hotel and make a trip out of it if you have young kids with you.

✓ Nice Rooms
The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean. I didn't have any problems with it!

✓ Arcade
There was an arcade downstairs that reminded me of a mini Dave & Busters. Very cool and very fun!

Bottom Line: This place is great for young families. Not exactly the best getaway for couples since you will be surrounded by kids. I was 17 and I had a good time. But this is because we were taking a trip to Cedar Point and because I had fun playing with my young cousin who was absolutely adorable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We (me, wife, 1yr old & 3yr old) visited Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky Ohio for a few days starting April 8th 2013. We are from London Ontario Canada and the trip was worth it. The cost was 1/2 of what it was in Niagara Falls Canada. The hotel was perfect for us. We got the family suite which was good for us and our kids but next time we'll upgrade to a room with a separate room for the kids. There was lots to do at the hotel for the kids. Story time in the lobby in the evening was a hit with the kids. There is a large grocery store right next to the hotel (within walking distance!) and there are plenty of restaurants down the street. We'll go back for sure!

p.s. The 3yr old absolutely loved the water park. My 1yr old... not so much. He's young so all the excitement and noise may have been a bit much for him. He loved the story time though!

Room Tip: Our hotel room faced the outdoor portion of the waterpark and we enjoyed the view. Especially since...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!