“Perfect Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camper Village at Cedar Point

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
Camper Village at Cedar Point
You added Camper Village at Cedar Point to your Saves list
1 Cedar Point Dr., Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Perfect Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great location for a family trip to Cedar Point. Walked to park in Morning, home for lunch. Trip to soak city after lunch to cool down. Naps and dinner, then back to park for evening fun. Very clean and attendants friendly. Park has shuttle service for people who did not want to walk to the entrance and back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tyler A, Manager at Camper Village at Cedar Point, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We appreciate you choosing Camper Village and Cedar Point for your family vacation!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Stockbridge, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

All accommodations are great and the service is exceptional, but the park tickets are overpriced and still climbing. Even though I purchased my tickets a year in advance to get a nice discount, when I arrived for a week's vacation and upgraded to a platinum pass to include both parks for the duration, my discount was taken away and I had to pay the full amount to upgrade between the amount I purchased our regular ticket at ($105) and the current price of a platinum ticket($195) which was $90, and I should
have only had to pay the difference between the regular($125) and a platinum($195) at the current rate, which was $70. I totally lost my savings because I chose to spend our entire vacation with cedarpoint, because I got such a great discount, and I upgraded to enjoy both parks. I bought 8 regular season passes and saved $160 in October 2012, I lost $120 of my savings when I upgraded 6 of Those tickets to platinum in July 2013. That was a major disappointment to me, and a extra unbudgeted expense that I did not count on. My family had to suffer with less spending money for their summer vacation. I feel this was a bad oversite on cedarpoints behalf. I would like someone that can fix this problem to call me 517-282-6897. Sincerely, a long time loyal customer,Rodney and Veronica Kirkland

• Stayed July 2013
My apologies, but we are unable to assist with season pass issues through Camper Village. Please contact the park at 419-627-2309 so that they can better assist you.
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have stayed at Camper Village for a few years now…as we love Cedar Point. Better than the crowded Canada’s Wonderland closer to home. If you check the map of the “inner circle” of Camper village, there are no paths from the outer rings to the bathroom (very poor design). This means, that people can either walk in a circle for 10 minutes to get to the bathroom – or cut through sites. The second option is what happens. We were initially ticked off at people – until we realized they are at the mercy of poor park design. Staying in the Lighthouse Point section gets rid of this – as these are more private, back-in sites. The washrooms are crowded late at night (i.e., after the park closes). Staying at Camper Village is a great way to ride lots of coasters – as they are nearly empty about an hour before the park closes. We rode Mean Streak last year about 7 times in a row (just walked on). My daughter loved it. Try and do that at Canada’s Wonderland. There’s a nice little pool for the kiddies in the Lighthouse section that’s usually not too crowded. Great way to spend a few days at Cedar Point. Don’t get caught up in the “early entry” gimmick though – it only applies to a handful of rides each day…not impressive. And yes...you will hear screams from the coasters until the park closes...no surprise there. You get used to it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback about your visit. Circle B contains the electric only sites and all full hook-up sites are located in the Lighthouse Point area. As we review changes and upgrades to the campground, we will definitely keep your notes in mind. Thank you.
Brook Park, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was ok - many campsites were on top of each other - dog barked off & on all day in camper next to us and/or in park - including well past 10/11 at night. Bathrooms are small and crowded and many updates are needed throughout. There is no fire pits - which just made it not feel like camping. We were next to Soak City - which meant you not only heard the park/ rides but music all day. We did have fun - we loved getting in early and haven't decided if we would ever try camping at C.P. again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We hope you do choose to stay with us again. If you have any specific site requests, please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to meet your requests.
North East, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It should be noted that there are 2 different areas in the campground. There is the "original" area called Campers Village and the newer nicer area calledLighthouse Point. From looking at the campground map there are @225 site in the campers village, and only @ 90 in Lighthouse Point, and Lighthouse Point is probably 3 times bigger size wise. From my looking about, Lighthouse Point is a MUCH nicer area.

We stayed in the Campers Village. The area is not much more than a circular parking lot with grass between the spaces. Both neighboring sites are very close, @ 15-20 feet away. The shower house only has 4 showers and nearly always a line.

However, the campground is not the reason you are there, the Park is. On foot, it takes about 10 minutes to get into the park. It should be noted, that the resort entrance is near the rear, so If the rides you want to do are near the front (Gatekeeper, Raptor) taking the free shuttle to the front entrance might be the way to go.

Finally, I did not find early entry to be that much of an added bonus. With so many resort guests and only a select few rides open, some of the longest lines we encountered occurred during early entry. Next time we will just skip the early part and stay later as the lines go down significantly later in the day.

Room Tip: Tip the shower house at soak city seemed to be open 24 hours and had 4-5 showers. If you can get on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Camper Village. As you noted, we offer electric only sites in Circle B of the campground and full hook-up sites in the Lighthouse Point area of Camper Village. Most of our guests love early entry and I apologize it did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we look to make upgrades and improvements to our services.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Check in was a pain. It took the new girl a hour to get everything right with my check in. If you are going to get fast passes just wait until you go into the gates. The girl at the campground sold me a fast pass for the wrong day. It took her a half hour to fix. Why my family was waiting outside. The campsites are little to small and need to be all paved for what they charge to camp. Next time I will pay the extra money and stay in the Lighthouse Point area. Lighthouse Point area is more spacious and has full hook up. when reserving campsites with other friends just tell theme you want to be next to each other. Now that I have the bad out of the way the GOOD. Nothing like being right there at the park. You can walk or ride the Shuttle. It's nice being able take a break from the best roller coasters and eat right at your camper. I all most forgot you are right on Lake Erie. Which is pretty cool. If you like to fish make sure you bring your pole. My teenagers had a great time. They made S'mores with there friends and road every roller coaster. One more thing if you like a campfire they let you have a small fire pit of the ground. Nothing like camping in Cedar Point !

• Stayed August 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your visit. The issue you mentioned about the staff is important for us to know about and we will check into it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience.
Jackson Township, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The campground itself is average, campsites are squeezed together so there isn't much room between you and your neighbor. Being close to the park and having a shuttle to take us from the front gate to the campground was a big plus! My only real complaint is that the shower houses are very inadequate! No matter what time of day I tried to shower there was ALWAYS a big line! Having 3 showers in a house and only a few houses is not nearly enough for the amount of people that stay here. I suggest building a few new ones and increasing the amount the amount of available showers considerably! Also, the existing showers need to be remodeled desperately! They are not very clean and the design of the shower stall makes the entire floor wet! My clothes got wet laying on the bench while I showered because the shower is too close to the bench and the shower curtains are too small to cover. It was impossible to get dressed without getting my clothes getting wet! Also, there needs to be a small shelf inside the shower (not just a soap dish) to put my shampoo, soap, razor, wash cloth etc. I had to lay my bottles on the floor and that's gross! I don't know if I would stay here again. I like being close to the park and having a shuttle but the showers have me wanting to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It's helpful to hear your feedback about the showers. We are always looking for ways to improve and we will definitely keep this in mind. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Camper Village at Cedar Point? Share your experiences!