Yes, it is a little more expensive than the KOA, but you won't pay for parking, and you can get into the park an hour early. If you have teenagers, it is perfect. The campground is crowded, but everybody is in the park most of the time, and to exhausted at the end of the day to do anything but eat and go to bed.
There are bugs everywhere! Very odd bugs.
The pool is nice, and you can also use the hotel pool if you choose. The hotel pool is nicer, but beware of the seagull poop.
Bring all of your food and beverages with you, the camp store is expensive and doesn't have much, and the park is expensive also, and doesn't have much in the way of choice. They sell the same thing at every kiosk!
But, as everyone who has ever been to Cedar Point knows, you are there for the roller coasters, not the food.
- Also Known As:
- Camper Village At Cedar Point Hotel
- Camper Village At Cedar Point Hotel Sandusky
- Camper Village At Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camp at One of the Greatest Parks in Our Nation. That’s what it’s like at Camper Village, where you can “rough it” just steps away from the most exciting rides and attractions anywhere. Your site will be close to Cedar Point, and also Soak City, Challenge Park and Cedar Point’s famous Lake Erie Beach. ... more less