When we first arrived they did not have our reservation on file (despite already paying almost $400 for it and making it 4 weeks prior!) Luckily we had our confirmation number other information to verify we had indeed made the reservation and they had a site available in the area we had requested. We had requested a full hook-up pull through site. We have a 36 ft. 5th wheel. This particular area is very nice, roomy for slides, and very well maintained with plenty of privacy. They have trees between the sites as well as plenty of room. The campground itself if very clean and well maintained as well as the shower/restroom facilities (we did not use, but took a look at.)
One problem we found was the camp store had zero rv/camper supplies. We needed a few accessories for our sewer hook up and extra black tank chemicals. Yes, we should have checked these before our departure, but every camp store we have ever been to, especially full hook-up private campground have carried them. We figured a campground with over 300 RV sites would be no different. The employee had suggested we try the nearest Lowe's for these supplies. I'm from Indiana an no Lowe's in my area sells these things. Maybe it's different in Sandusky, but we didn't have the time to trek 20 minutes for these things.
One more issue was the grass mowing at 6:30 am. Maybe most of the guests are up and out by then except for us.
Other than those things, this is a great campground and for being right next to the park, it wasn't that loud, at least not for us. The campground is very lit up, so if you need darkness to sleep, make sure you can take care of that somehow or you won't sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Camper Village At Cedar Point Hotel Sandusky
- Camper Village At Cedar Point Hotel
- Camper Village At Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camp at One of the Greatest Parks in Our Nation. That’s what it’s like at Camper Village, where you can “rough it” just steps away from the most exciting rides and attractions anywhere. Your site will be close to Cedar Point, and also Soak City, Challenge Park and Cedar Point’s famous Lake Erie Beach. ... more less