“Small... looked like just the locals...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 162 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Cheers is all sports bar with 12 HD flat screens and just about every sporting package that Direct TV has to offer. You will never be interupted with karaoke! The newly added patio for 2013 will provide plenty of space for the outdoorsman/woman. We do not cater to the 21 year olds we provide a fair priced full service bar for the social friendly bar fly! Some of the regulars have been coming in for over 20 years so if you come in from out of town looking for something special just ask around and some friendly bar staff or bar fly will lead you in the right direction. The kitchen is open until 12 am Sunday thru Thursday . And 1 am Friday and Saturday. Standard bar food is the norm but the owner is a foodie so check the specials out!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Small... looked like just the locals...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went in with the family to get dinner and watch football. Turned right around and went somewhere else. Only hi-top tables and very small. Looked like the locals were in after work... Not family friendly...

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dayton, Ohio
“Good food, lacking service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Given the name Cheers I thought the service would be a little friendlier or outgoing. My husband and I went to an early dinner in mid-week after spending the day at Cedar Point. There were only about four other people in the bar, but the bartender/server did not acknowledge our presence when we came in. We kind of looked around disoriented as it was quite dark inside and we had never been before. Once we seated ourselves she came over and took our order. The server brought us everything we could possibly need/want, including a pitcher of water for the table, but she didn't say much or smile at all. We really enjoyed the food (husband had nachos and I had the clam basket), but felt like we were imposing a bit. We weren't acknowledged as we left either despite there being only two other people there. I'm not sure if we'd go back.

Visited August 2013
Christopher B, Owner at Cheers Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I would like to first start by thanking you for the review, although not the type of review I would like to here but, you have to take the good with the not so good. I do understand that in this business one bad apple can spoil your visit. I also understand that you have a choice when going out to spend your disposable income on food and drink. I have been in business since 1991 and know all to well how this works. I will bring this review up @ my next employee evaluation and explain that this is not the way I would like for this bar maid to represent my business. This bar maid has only worked for us a short time and this may explain the down turn in my business. Thanks to reviews like yours I can better address the issues of customer service and the effect that employees good days and bad days have on a guests visit. Also I will praise the cooks who for there job, did a good job, based on your review. I see that you are from Dayton and may not be visiting the area for a while. If you ever get back to the area please contact myself personally, even if you do not visit my place (I would totally understand) and I can and will lead you to some outstanding places to visit while here. Cheers Sports Bar & Grill, Inc. (419) 626-4713 just ask for Chris and if I'm not around leave a message and I will get back with you. Once again thanks for your time and energy that you've put into this review!
Fort Hood, Texas
“awesome service...better meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stopped here with four kids before "happy hour". Had a kid and adult friendly menu. Margaritas were excellent. Service was incredibly nice, our waitress was more like a sister than a waitress. She was so friendly. Food was great and the price was a lot less than eating at Cedar Point. Not one of us had a complaint. Recommend the 1/4 BBQ chicken special. Thank you to all of the staff at Cheers for making our dinner great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sandusky,ohio
“Failed the five minute rule.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went looking for a quick bite to eat. There were 5 other people there all of whom had already been served. The barmaid/waitress walked by me five times, sat at a table and talked with a customer and never did acknowlage me. After 5 minutes of being ignored I got up and left.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Food,Great People, Great Fun...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently was on vacation in Sandusky,Oh and stopped at this great little bar at the Mall. To my surprise inside looks great with a great sports feel but with that hometown feeling. We sat outside at their new patio and had a BBQ dinner prepare right outside for u. Name ur own size of meat u want...I went straight for the 16oz Filet, w/corn on the cob and potato salad. This was my best meal I had on my Vacation then I went back and ate there two more times. They have so many drink choices and they will make u anything u want if they dont know how to make it..Really cool..I also was able to play the owner in a game of pool,,not so easy as he is one busy guy! We played for a drink and I won, He bought my wife a winning drink too. All in all, this is the place to stop and say Hi to the locals, eat great food and have a drink that doesn't break the bank. Thanks Chris, I will be stopping back next time we come to Ceder Point. My family had a great time as well.

Whinbaby