“Clean, fairly-priced, convenient location in Sandusky” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X Points w/Your Stay
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
“Clean, fairly-priced, convenient location in Sandusky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We received an email the day before arrival to let us know the fitness room was being rennovated. Upon arrival, renovations had been completed; however, the fitness room was located through the pool area and was very small. Room itself was clean, up-to-date, and had good amenities. Wi-fi worked well after retrieving the code from the front desk. Staff was courteous, but no one went above and beyond to ask how our stay was or if they could offer any assistance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found your room to be clean, up-to-date and that you enjoyed our amenities. However; I was disappointed to read that we not go above and beyond to make your stay more welcoming. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sandusky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was very impressed with the staff of the hotel. Very welcoming. It looked like it was recently remoled, loved the floors and color comb. The fitness room was not done, and not confortable exercising in the pool area, hot and noisy. Comfortable room, but the lumpy blanket was a distraction. Not very appealing when you walk in the room and see lumps all over the bed. Enjiyed the hot breakfast. Staff was A+

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Salem, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I learned by email the day before I arrived that there were renovations going on, and reminded of the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I booked here because other local motels had horrible ratings, while ratings here were good to great. When I checked in, there was only a small opening in the temporary walls to access the registration desk, and I had to walk around to the side of the building to enter. The outside side door was unlocked, and I was notified of this, which was nice for entry on a frigid night, but kind of creepy (not secure). Lots of furnishings in public areas gone, some new carpet down with plastic on it, breakfast happened in two adjoining rooms....fair, but the hot food was missing when I was there at 7:30a.m. ROOM WAS GREAT and clean - not spiffy new, but fine for the fee. Quiet. Bathroom clean in all respects. I would come again if I were in town again for a conference down the road at the Kalahari Resort but didn't want to stay there (the resort).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here on a trip to Cedar Point.

Rooms have a great finish, extremely clean and the beds are so comfortable.

Service of Reception Staff was second to none, were very willing to help.

I chose this hotel being a Hilton brand and it didnt disappoint.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Walled Lake, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel on our recent visit to Cedar Point with our granddaughters. This hotel, only a few miles from Cedar Point met all or our requirements for the week-end. The facility was pristine, the beds were comfortable and the air-conditioning worked> The hotel was not noisy. We required two connecting rooms. The helpful staff told us to call in the morning of our stay and they blocked the rooms out for us. When I figured in parking, park admission etc. the Hampton Inn was a few dollars less then the Sandcastle (hotel in Cedar Point). And we did not have to deal with the noise. The breakfast at the Hampton Inn was another plus; a real money saver. It will be our hotel of choice on all future visits to Cedar Point.

Room Tip: If you need connecting rooms the helpful staff will instruct you on how to request this. This beats...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tecumseh, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Used Hilton points to stay at this hotel on family trip to Cedar Point roller coaster park. The only way I could justify this hotel was because of the points (40,000 points per night is borderline unacceptable for the very average standard of this hotel).

The hotel just has a feel of being outdated and not up to the quality and decor levels of the newer Hamptons.

Bathroom was really small. Water pressure in shower was weak. Double beds instead of queen beds in twin room made for uncomfortable sleep for parents. Mattress pads fell off both beds in night. Overall small room not really suited for a family.

Location is about 5 miles from park entrance, close to highway exit. Restaurants and shops are fairly close by.

Bottom line - if I was paying for hotel and not using points, would probably choose another hotel as there are lots of newer hotel options in same location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty as an Hhonors member and we appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. I’ve also asked our maintenance team to check the water pressure of the faucets and showerheads. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
davis ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I used my Hilton Points to stay in this hotel. It was 60,000 points and way overpriced in my opinion. The beds were comfortable but the carpet felt dirty and it was fraying between the bathroom and the room. The carpet was dark so it was hard to tell if was dirty or not. The indoor pool was so heavy chlorinated that it really burned your eyes. It was 103 degrees outside and the pool room was not air conditioned so it was pretty unbearable to be in that room unless you were in the pool. I had two young adults with me that wanted to swim and I wanted to be with them. The fitness room consisted of just 3 machines. Very small. There were many hotels in the area advertising rates around $70.00. Since we were just looking for a "crash pad" for 1 night I wish that I would have used one of the other hotels and saved my 60,000 points. Breakfast was poor. Omelettes were pre-made and I would bet not by any-one at the hotel. No real 1/2 and 1/2 just little containers where refridgeration is optional.

Room Tip: I would place a 2 1/2 rating on this hotel. Staff was nice. Grounds were well kept. It was just t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central? Share your experiences!