“Convient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
Sandusky
“Convient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was very impressed with the staff of the hotel. Very welcoming. It looked like it was recently remoled, loved the floors and color comb. The fitness room was not done, and not confortable exercising in the pool area, hot and noisy. Comfortable room, but the lumpy blanket was a distraction. Not very appealing when you walk in the room and see lumps all over the bed. Enjiyed the hot breakfast. Staff was A+

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Salem, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I learned by email the day before I arrived that there were renovations going on, and reminded of the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I booked here because other local motels had horrible ratings, while ratings here were good to great. When I checked in, there was only a small opening in the temporary walls to access the registration desk, and I had to walk around to the side of the building to enter. The outside side door was unlocked, and I was notified of this, which was nice for entry on a frigid night, but kind of creepy (not secure). Lots of furnishings in public areas gone, some new carpet down with plastic on it, breakfast happened in two adjoining rooms....fair, but the hot food was missing when I was there at 7:30a.m. ROOM WAS GREAT and clean - not spiffy new, but fine for the fee. Quiet. Bathroom clean in all respects. I would come again if I were in town again for a conference down the road at the Kalahari Resort but didn't want to stay there (the resort).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here on a trip to Cedar Point.

Rooms have a great finish, extremely clean and the beds are so comfortable.

Service of Reception Staff was second to none, were very willing to help.

I chose this hotel being a Hilton brand and it didnt disappoint.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Walled Lake, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel on our recent visit to Cedar Point with our granddaughters. This hotel, only a few miles from Cedar Point met all or our requirements for the week-end. The facility was pristine, the beds were comfortable and the air-conditioning worked> The hotel was not noisy. We required two connecting rooms. The helpful staff told us to call in the morning of our stay and they blocked the rooms out for us. When I figured in parking, park admission etc. the Hampton Inn was a few dollars less then the Sandcastle (hotel in Cedar Point). And we did not have to deal with the noise. The breakfast at the Hampton Inn was another plus; a real money saver. It will be our hotel of choice on all future visits to Cedar Point.

Room Tip: If you need connecting rooms the helpful staff will instruct you on how to request this. This beats...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tecumseh, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Used Hilton points to stay at this hotel on family trip to Cedar Point roller coaster park. The only way I could justify this hotel was because of the points (40,000 points per night is borderline unacceptable for the very average standard of this hotel).

The hotel just has a feel of being outdated and not up to the quality and decor levels of the newer Hamptons.

Bathroom was really small. Water pressure in shower was weak. Double beds instead of queen beds in twin room made for uncomfortable sleep for parents. Mattress pads fell off both beds in night. Overall small room not really suited for a family.

Location is about 5 miles from park entrance, close to highway exit. Restaurants and shops are fairly close by.

Bottom line - if I was paying for hotel and not using points, would probably choose another hotel as there are lots of newer hotel options in same location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty as an Hhonors member and we appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. I’ve also asked our maintenance team to check the water pressure of the faucets and showerheads. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
davis ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I used my Hilton Points to stay in this hotel. It was 60,000 points and way overpriced in my opinion. The beds were comfortable but the carpet felt dirty and it was fraying between the bathroom and the room. The carpet was dark so it was hard to tell if was dirty or not. The indoor pool was so heavy chlorinated that it really burned your eyes. It was 103 degrees outside and the pool room was not air conditioned so it was pretty unbearable to be in that room unless you were in the pool. I had two young adults with me that wanted to swim and I wanted to be with them. The fitness room consisted of just 3 machines. Very small. There were many hotels in the area advertising rates around $70.00. Since we were just looking for a "crash pad" for 1 night I wish that I would have used one of the other hotels and saved my 60,000 points. Breakfast was poor. Omelettes were pre-made and I would bet not by any-one at the hotel. No real 1/2 and 1/2 just little containers where refridgeration is optional.

Room Tip: I would place a 2 1/2 rating on this hotel. Staff was nice. Grounds were well kept. It was just t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton in Sandusky. Of course to go to Cedar Point and the islands. The hotel is very dated. I went into the toilet area (the shower and toilet are seperate from the sink) shut the door and the handle fell off. They switched rooms for us. On our last night there, we went to the pool, which also has a hot tub. The chemicals were left out on a table and the smell of chemicals was so strong you could not stay in the area. My eyes are still burning. The bathroom in the pool area was full of waste and overflowing. I and two other families complained and they could nothing about it til morning. Kinda sucked for us because we were leaving. We decided to go for a quick swim before we left. The toilet was still backed upped and covered with waste. The hot tub was overflowing all over the area. It was a mess. The hotel had one computer for guests in the lobby area. Someone had let their kid get on and had crashed the only computer.
On a good note, all the employees were friendly and as helpful as they could be. The room was clean as always. Hamptons is my favorite hotel. I just think this one needs some updates.

Room Tip: Get your room several weeks in advance. This hotel fills up quickly over the summer months.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms and common areas-especially the pool, is not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our hotel meets the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future

Been to Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central? Share your experiences!