“Clean with only one major issue” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Home Depot Card w/Stay!
Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
Portland, Tennessee
“Clean with only one major issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here to go to Cedar Point and the location of the hotel was great. Walmart is only a mile away along with several food places also nearby. The pool was awesome warmer than most and indoors, and also the hot tub was hotter than any other I have been in.
The issue we had was that it had a shower that had very low pressure. They boast about the water pik shower heads they have, which they did, but the pressure was so low that it only allows for the use of two of the settings. I normally take 5 minute showers while on vacation but the lower pressure made it take over 15 minutes to actually get the soap off and my wife did not dare to wash her hair as it would have taken a couple of hours to be done. I know people are trying to be "green" but I can tell you that it took me twice the water to do the same job with the lower pressure and I would bet that higher pressure would cause this hotel to use less water.
The staff was helpful and accomidating and the breakfast was decent. We were on the lower floor so it did not affect us but the elevator got stuck while were there and it had shocked the employee when the doors all of the sudden opened.
We had a room with the two double beds cause we had 4 people and it was very cozy. There were plenty of pillows and the beds were comfortable to sleep on. There was not a safe, refridgerator, or microwave so if that is important to you be advised. The air conditioner was set on 58 when we entered the room but I would not blame the hotel for that it was probably the last occupant that did that.
Overall I would reccommend this hotel, it was clean and in a great spot. Make sure that you get the right hotel as there is another Hampton a few miles down on the same road and I have seen less than stellar reviews of the other hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pretty standard Hampton Inn. I have stayed here multiple times since my employer has a rate here. Even then, it is sometimes possible to do better with AAA.

The place is pretty busy, so the breakfast room is always crowded. The past few visits the “fresh baked cookies” at the front desk have been absent.

Front desk staff is hit or miss. They range from super friendly and helpful to exasperated and rude. Unfortunately, this visit I ended up with the rude one.

The room was nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. There was a welcome back note with a bottle of water and bag of Cheetos on a table in the room. Towels were a bit on the thin side. The tub and the sink had some drainage problems. Hallway noise and sound between rooms can be a problem depending upon room location and the type of guests around you.

Elevators are slow so plan ahead if you need to meet anyone at a specific time.

It is located five to ten minutes off of the turnpike. If you continue north from the hotel you will find a large number of chain restaurants, strip malls, etc.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Took our little person to Cedar Point and stay at Hampton Inn on most trips. Did not disappoint.
Beds are constantly comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a good hotel overall. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. The only thing that spoiled my stay was that I cut my ankle on a piece of steel that protruded from the side of the bed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Brookville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn after having nothing less than superior customer service and fantastic hospitality at each and every Hampton Inn we've ever stayed. We were in town for a wrestling tournament and seemed to notice the majority of the fellow guests were also staying at this location, which I'm sure added to the constant slamming of the doors and hallway noise.

The front desk associate suggested a great local pizza place for dinner and we're glad he did! It was nice that he suggested local eating establishments versus offering national chains. You could tell he took pride in the local eateries.

As always, Hampton exceeds our expectations!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

I would have gave this review all 5's but only one thing could have made my stay a little better is if they could have had a microwave and a refridgerator in the room. I knew there was not going to be one after reading the room description, but it could have helped. Other then that I had a great stay. When we arrived at the hotel we had rented 2 rooms, and the 2 rooms actually had a door between them so we were able to open the doors and have like one big room. We even rented these two rooms the day of our stay and it was a Saturday, so I was suprised they were able to accomodate give us two rooms right next to each other. Their staff was amazing, helpful, friendly and very personable. Their pool is open from 9am-1am, was just the right temperature and very clean, along with there huge, relaxing hot tub. Also, the beds were incredibly comfortable, clean and so soft. Overall, I would most definitely stay here again, especially if we need two rooms or more.

• Stayed March 2012
Billingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stopped for 1 night to break up a long road trip. Room was clean, tidy and above all quiet even though the hotel was moderately busy. This was not pre booked, I walked in off the street and within 5 minutes I was in my room. The local knowledge of the receptionist was outstanding, giving some really good advice on where to eat locally. The only downer was the quality of the breakfast fell a little short of the mark compared with other Hampton I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central? Share your experiences!