We recently stayed at the Sandusky, Ohio, Fairfield Inn. Room 231. Upon arriving around 2:15 am the card scanner for the door keys would not work and we couldn't get in the room. Had to go back downstairs to the desk. The desk clerk still couldn't get the card to scan. She tried several cards and none of them would work. Ater waiting almost 20 minutes she finally got some master key card that opened the door for us. Seeing we were not going anywhere that night, except to bed, we didn't need a key.
During the early morning a key card was slid under the door along with the bill. That key cards also didn't work.
The room was clean, two double beds, & sofa. Air conditioner was pretty quiet. We had it set on low cool and the temperature dial set at the half way point. The unit took a long time between cycles to turn on, which was fine for us. It was only 59 degree's that night. But the room was stuffy when we entered it.
Who keeps erasing the Microwave clock settings? I had to reset that. The mini refrigerator was whisper quiet. The room window only opened 2 inches, which is useless for ventilation. There was no screen on the window either. Thumbs down on the CFC light bulbs in all the lamps, very dim in the room.
Both beds were a bit soft, but not worn to the point you sunk into the matress. Bedding was clean. Pillows were way to soft for us - but we bring our own from home anyway.
Bathroom vanity is outside of the bathroom. The orange glow night lite on the hairdryer was cuckcoo. When the light switch was turned off the orange light would shut off instead of turning on. So it was dark trying to find the bathroom in the dark.
Thumbs down to the bathroom fan coming ON with the light in the bathroom. Who wants to hear the fan in the next room running at 4am? The Fan should have a seperate switch to operate. If you hang up clothes on the clothes rod, the clothes block your view of the light switch for the bathroom, as it is outside the bathrrom door on the left side.
Bathroom & shower area were clean and had the rougher, no skid tile that dried pretty quick. Vanity was stocked with Panteen Shampoo. Love the 1500 watt Sunbeam hair dryers. Bathroom towels were a bit small. Wrapped arould my waist - there was barely 2" overlap of the ends of the towels.
The room overlooked Route 250 and I was bothered by Road Noise. At 5 to 6am there was some loud motorcycle noise and semi truck noise that was bothersome.
We did not partake in the breakfast or use the pool or other facilities, so we cannot comment on those.
Just a few minutes down the road from shopping, restuarant, gas stations and Cedar Point Amusement Park. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Sandusky by Marriott was just completely rennovated in May of 2011 and all our rooms now have mini-fridges and microwaves. We also now have a market that has snacks and food items. Enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub and start the morning off with a free deluxe continental breakfast which includes scrambled eggs, bacon and sausge. Come and stay with us where you get a nice clean room and your part of our family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Fairfield Sandusky
- Sandusky Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn Sandusky Ohio