“We were pleased.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Ohio
“We were pleased.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our king room was on the first floor and was clean and ready when we checked in. Mini fridge and microwave were nice to have in the room. I only saw the popcorn machine once during the two days and nights that we were there. Heater worked well since it is still so cold in Ohio.

Breakfast room was nice and right beside the indoor pool. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, small waffles, donuts, cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee and milk. I tried the oatmeal (they had raisins, brown sugar and nuts too) but it was like glue. Breakfast attendant on Friday morning looked like she wished she was anywhere else. Breakfast attendant on Saturday morning was cheerful and welcoming and wiped off the tables.

Front desk staff was very helpful.

My only complaint is I wish hotels would put some insulation in the walls. I really hate hearing other people when I'm trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Not much traffic on Rt 250 for this visit, but I'm guessing that you can hear that traffic durin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sandusky, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I apologize on behalf of the breakfast person that worked Friday morning but I am glad my front desk staff and the peron that worked Saturday greeted you better. I am also happy that you enjoyed your breakfast we have the full breakfast now which I think offers a good start for the day. I hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kennett Square PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This Fairfield Inn was clearly trying hard. We entered to a popcorn machine and coffee in the lobby at about 5 p.m. I am not a fan of popcorn or its smell, but others may like it. The room was as advertised, quiet and on an upper level. The staff was helpful at checkin and at the breakfast buffet. The room was clean, comfortable and all in good order. The towels were a little thin, but that was a small matter.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms sometimes face the roof of the indoor pool. Specify no roof view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sandusky, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your warm review I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am going to get better towels brought in. You are right they are a little thin. We hope to see you again soon :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We met family half ways between Minnesota and New York. Fairfield Inn was the best reviewed and best prices while being in the middle of everything we needed. Kevin was extremely helpful when our rooms weren't quite what was needed. Upgrading and moving us to a larger room with an adjoining room. Perfect for families! We would love to come back to the area and see more of the attractions we missed. I know we will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sandusky, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I have to say one of the biggest joys I get out of my job is watching families reunite when they are miles apart from each other and I was glad myself and the staff were able to give you and your family such an enjoyable stay and we hope you come back real soon!
Marcy, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would stay here anytime I was in this area! We have had a great experiance. Friendly and helpful staff, clean hotel and rooms. Pool was great,breakfast was great. We couldn't be happier with our stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We try to exceed our customers expectations and it looks like we have done that. Please come back and see us again.
Michigamme
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here three times over November and December 2012. By our second stay the staff remembered us by name and greeted us that way. The breakfast was good. Pool was nice and remodeled during one of our stays. Because of the remodel, the staff made arrangements for us to use the pool of the hotel next door for a family gathering. Over-all I have to say that the staff were just great. From the night front desk clerk (our first time checking in was about midnight) to maintenance and housekeeping. They all were gracious and helpful with anything we needed. We were also upgraded to the suites. Unfortunately they don't have actual pictures of the suites on the website, but they were very nice and perfect for the three of us. The hotel is conviently located. Italian resteraunt across the street is really good and while they don't deliver you can do pick up orders.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sandusky, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. I am so glad everything went good with the family gathering and using the pool next door. I was so worried we would not be able to get it taken care of in time. It was great having you here during your stay for those two months. Thank you again and go blue!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Kevin the manage was very helpful, from the time we stepped foot into the hotel to the time we left. The rooms were clean as well the pool area. Room service was poliet and very prompt when needed. I would recommend this hotel and and everybody that stay for pleasure or business when in the Sandusky area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review and I am glad I could be a great part of your expeirence at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. The staff and myself thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again real soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were in town to go to the Kalahari. It was completely sold out, so we ventured out to find other options. We were so glad we did. The Fairfield Inn was nice! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeper gave the boys cookies and the free breakfast in the morning made everything as easy as can be. It is literally a mile from the waterpark, but we saved hundreds of dollars staying here instead! We would highly recommend to people with children!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sandusky, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your warm compliments about our hotel. The staff and myself work very hard to make sure you have a nice relaxing stay with a warm pool to swim in and a great breakfast to start your day. We hope you stay again the next time your in Sandusky.

Been to Fairfield Inn Sandusky? Share your experiences!