“Closed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dellroy, Ohio
“Closed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Closed. We was going to eat there but their closed and all of the signs are taken down. Don't know if they are planning to reopen or not.

Visited October 2013

Norwalk, Ohio
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been here numerous times. The food is really good and the prices are very reasonable. The service is not very good and can be slow. In fact one time we were seated and they forgot about us. We got up and left. The other issue is their soda is ALWAY flat. They always say they will re-charge the soda dispenser but it NEVER works. I bet if you go there on any given day there soda is flat. Other than that good food and good prices. Give it a shot.

• Visited September 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Our Sandusky Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stop for a steak dinner at the Brown Derby Roadhouse whenever we are in Sandusky. This year while visiting Cedar Point and staying at Kalahari we made sure to set aside one night to eat there again and once again we were not disappointed. The specials are always priced out of this world. I know a lot of restaurants put things on special because they are old and they are trying to get rid of them but the steaks at the Brown Derby Roadhouse and always fresh and delectable.

We used to have a Brown Derby Roadhouse in Erie and we miss the house salad and life changing yeast rolls so we are always glad to have our fill of those too.

All in all the staff the very nice, the food is cooked perfectly and delicious, the place is clean and the check will not empty your wallet. What more could you ask for?

• Visited August 2013
Euless, Texas
“Not bad....not bad at all! I liked it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staying in Oak Harbor and wasn't having great dining experiences around the Lake Erie area until we made the drive here.

Glad we drove over! The restaurant is inside of a hotel, and the hotel seems to be under renovation (and seemed very in need of one). But the restaurant had that down home Texas feel to it. And y'all that's down right inviting to a Texan. I had not had a decent rib eye in 2 attempts in the Lake Erie area.

Seems the first requirement of the waiter/waitress staff is to learn to write your name upside down on a sheet of brown butcher type paper they tear off and place on your booth or table. Kelly was our waitress, and she did a good job at that .....and everything else throughout our meal. We like her.

We liked the heaping bowls of salad served "family style" and endless....that she brought out to the table and the homemade salad dressings. He had the ranch and I did the house vinaigrette....both were awesome according to our individualized tastes in salad dressings.

They had French Onion Soup on the menu. Hard to get a decent French Onion Soup. Some taste like dishwater. I've only had WONDERFUL french onion soup at 2 different high class places in Dallas. The rest.....I wouldn't give to the pigs as slop. But here at the Brown Derby.....I took a chance at their bowl of $3.99 French Onion Soup. It wasn't as good as the 2 best I'd ever had...but it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it very much.

The baskets of hot roll and butter were wonderful. Soft, hot...delicious!

Since I'd tried rib eye for 2 days straight I opted for the Hamburger Steak smothered in onions. YUM! It was all freshly ground meat; grilled to perfection. A home run. I did glance around at the others who had the steaks and they all looked mighty good. Made me wish I'd ordered one to go for the next day without driving 30 miles to get it.

Hubby had a grilled chicken breast with cheese, a tomato paste, and topped with jalapenos. He said it was "ok"......thought it got scorched a little on that wood fire grill they fix all the steaks on.

Both of us had huge baked potatoes that were steaming hot and delicious.

The portions of the salad, appetizers and entrees here are enormous. Everyone leaves with "to go boxes"; there is just that much food. I think our total for everything with 2 glasses of tea was around $37. So put this in the $$ range. I thought it was worth every penny.

All in all....it was the best dining experience we had in the Port Clinton area this year. And we would recommend the Brown Derby to y'all.....and we plan to go again next year. .

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

food was great and service was outstanding. Our Waiter was very funny and prompt with our food. I ordered the steak and ribs combo for 19.99 - it was awesome! it was actually too much food and I had to take some back to the hotel, made for great late night eats! My daughter loved the fresh rolls and soft butter. Wife enjoyed her steak and even though the restaurant doesn't offer Sangria , our waiter knew how to make it from other wines and created a sangria drink for my wife. Service above and beyond!!!! Would absolutely come back and bring friends! Wish I could remember the name of the waiter because he deserves a raise.

• Visited July 2013