“Clean. Friendly. But, that's about it.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Vestaburg, mi
“Clean. Friendly. But, that's about it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm not an incredibly picky person, but I would probably not stay here again.

Don't get me wrong, it was clean and they were nice enough....but, the room was just....small and old. The old itself was not the problem....it was just part of it. The bed I slept on was hard and the breakfast was pretty much just bagels, mini muffins and pre-packaged bread and danishes. Not terrible, just not....worth the money. Location was ok...again, not terrible....just not great.

Nothing about this place was BAD. It's just nothing was GREAT either.

Overall, I will just say that I would not stay at this particular place in Sandusky again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Melissa D

Green Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Nothing fancy here. Manager is friendly. Clean. Close to Cedar Point. Very reasonable price for location. I've stayed here before - again nothing fancy - slept well after FULL day of rding roller coasters. Fine for a shower & sleeping.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Debbie85614
Mason, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

BYOP - Bring Your Own Pillows to this 70s throwback motel. The pillows were tiny! The staff was super friendly and helpful with everything we needed. The pool was great. The room... wow... where do I start? Everything about this room was clean and in working condition, but really hadn't been updated in a couple of decades. If this is the sort of thing that would bother you, then you do not want to stay here. The green carpet, speckled countertop, and motto of "if you can't fix it with caulk, it ain't worth fixing" were perfectly fine with us for the price. Less than 10 minutes to the parking lot of Cedar Point, and right in the midst of many restaurants and shopping. We walked to Friendly's Ice Cream and Casa Real Mexican Food. Continental breakfast was sparse with juice, bagels, muffins and toast, but it was free! Again - about what I would expect based on the price of the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrick G
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading the reviews online, I thought this hotel would be okay for our Cedar Point visit. WRONG!! This property is old, dirty, worn down and disgusting. Upon arrival, we went in to the front desk, which smells horribly of cigarette smoke. From there we checked into our dank room. It stunk, it was very old, badly in need of an update and the towels that were supposed to be for our use were still damp. We bought Lysol wipes and completely cleaned the room, bathroom, counters, lights, remote, doorknobs and so on. Our first night there we were all sneezing and coughing, having full on allergy attacks, from the mold and mildew in the room. In the morning, after a horrible nights sleep on the old mattress, we took showers. I dare say that someone could urinate a stream with more force than what the water from the shower was coming out with. On top of that, the water would suddenly turn freezing cold in the middle of use. I would in no way recommend this hotel to anyone, not even my worse enemy. I wish someone had been this honest while I was reading the reviews before booking this disgusting place. Save yourself and stay some place else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DMBLove

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I called 5 days prior to confirm reservation he said my rooms were canceled I asked who and why they were cancelled he could not give me a reason why.They were all booked up and didnt have room I called other econo lodge they were very accomidating. Two days after my stay I recieved a bill in the mail for a no show I called him on the phone he denied having the conversation and hung up on me real good customer service. His name was Bill the manager of the hotel I would sleep in my car before I would ever stay in his hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Daniel B
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. No frills, but for the price, I don't expect any. Full size beds. TV worked but remote didn't control it. Restaurant right next door, 25 yards away. Very convenient. I think it did have an iron & ironing board though. We didn't try the continental breakfast. It appeared to be donuts & coffee and is in the same 10 x 10 space as the front desk office, (no table or chairs) so plan something else for breakfast. McDonalds just down the road. We would definitely stay again because of the value.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110, and other than having to change channels because the remote didn't work...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

For $60 a night (hotels.com) we got an average bed and a shower. That seems reasonable to me. There were plenty of towels, the beds were fairly comfortable, and the soap did what soap is supposed to do. The room wasn't anything to write home about, but it was decently clean and not filled with mayflies (which were looming outside, typical in the summer). The location was about 15 minutes away from Cedar Point, but navigating was simple as it only took 2 or 3 turns to get to the property. Plus it's located on a road with plenty of (chain) restaurants, so finding breakfast or lunch is an easy endeavor.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends