I expected good things after they had a renovation this year but if this was the result after they totally redid the hotel I can only imagine what it was like before. It was very basic and hardly worth the price I paid.I plan on going to the cabins next year or the Hotel breakers(newer section only). I am picky and do expect certain things that others do not, but I don't think I am too far off the mark in wanting a larger suite, cleaner looking in the hallways(is it so difficult to clean the bugs and spiders that are everywhere)bathrooms are small and the terrace is a bit of a joke.
The Positives are beds where comfortable,the T.V.'s were nice and the fridge was more of a freezer so it kept or frozen treats frozen.I liked that they had some vending machines and ice maker right outside of our room and the pool was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close enough to the fun, yet secluded and relaxing, Sandcastle Suites has something for every member of your family. This all-suite hotel offers rooms with the features families want: flat-panel TVs, remodeled bathrooms, and screened in balconies. Situated at the tip of the Cedar Point Peninsula, Sandcastle Suites brings you dramatic views of Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. Its 187 suites are equipped with conveniences like microwave ovens, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, and refrigerators. Three of the suites are Grand Vista Suites, with Jacuzzis and wraparound decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sandcastle Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Hotel Sandusky
- Sandcastle Resort Sandusky
- Sandcastle Suites Sandusky, Ohio