“Best Amusement Park in America” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Attractions in Sandusky
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
36 attraction reviews
“Best Amusement Park in America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Cedar Point is pure Americana. My kids go almost delirious with joy whenever we head to Sandusky -- the park is practically a right of passage for any adolescent within a 500 square mile radius.

The roller coasters are the main attraction, of course, but there is always the sense that the management is continuously working to improve the experience. Every year we visit there are new rides, better food and general upgrades to the park operations.

Quick tips:

*Get there when the park opens and hit the biggest, newest attractions first. The lines for flashiest stuff will quickly rack up to hour-long waits on a sunny day but you can easily ride them a few times before the masses show up.

*Wear a bathing suit under your clothes. The water rides in Cedar Point (not just Soak City) are awesome, and you will get soaked. The park offers lockers to store your stuff, and I can tell you from experience that walking around in drenched denim shorts isn't the way to go, even on a hot day.

*There is healthier food available if you search a little for it. Dodge the funnel cakes and $10 chili fries for some Panda Express or veggies. They even have an extensive salad bar offering at a restaurant in the front of the park.

*Don't pay retail. There are tons of coupons available on-line and the local grocery stores usually sell discounted tickets at their customer service desks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Best rollercoasters anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Cedar Point definitey has the best rollercoasters that I've ever been on. We went on a Sunday with two other couples, and most of the lines were only 15-30minutes long, if there was a line at all. I definietly reccomend this amusement park for rollercoaster lovers!

North Ridgeville, Ohio
52 attraction reviews
“A great park--pricey and a lot of walking though!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have grown up in Ohio my entire life, and Cedar Point has been a highlight of our summer every year. My family always went, my brother and mom are roller coaster fanatics, and now my husband and I go every year. The rides are fantastic--so many coasters to choose from!! There are attractions for children and adults a like. The nice thing is that because there are so many, people who don't like the super tall, super fast or super scary can still find fun attractions to occupy their stay. The downsides are that the lines can be somewhat atrocious. Our favorite ride, Maverick, took an hour and a half waiting time this last time we went. Other rides are usually a walk on, so that's a plus. Be prepared to wait for the more popular rides though. The other thing is be prepared to walk a lot and if it's sunny, to get burned. This park is LARGE!! There aren't a whole lot of places with shade either, and being right off Lake Erie, it gets really hot with lots of sun. And the biggest distraction, THE COST!! Oh my gosh, the cost. You're looking at about $45 per ticket, plus parking, and if you spend all day there--which you should, for how much your spending--the food and drink costs are staggering. My husband and I wanted a healtheir option for lunch and agreed upon Subway. To get two 6 inch subs with "complimentary" TINY cups of water, it cost us a crazy $16!! $16 freaking dollars. For two half-subs and "complimentary" water. Anyway, Cedar Point is fun, but be prepared to pay. One tip: bring your own food and keep it in a cooler with LOTS of ice. When you're ready to eat, get the stamp to re-enter the park, eat at your car, and go back when you're ready. That is how my family did it before, and you do save quite a bit of money.

Chicago, Illinois
“A Great Time Was Had by All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We spent a day there with 6 adults, a teenager, a tween and two children ages 4 and 2 and every person had a fantastic time. I was concerned that my smaller children would get bored and restless but there was so much for them to do that we were there from open to close. My oldest is 9 and is begging to come back for her bday in October. The only thing I think we will do different is this time I think we will stay on the property and we will go for 2 days instead of 1.

Rockville, Maryland
35 attraction reviews
“Among the best, and easiest to visit, amusement parks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

We have made two multi-day trips from the east coast to Sandusky and been very happy. Our family includes three hard-core thrillseekers and they LOVE the Cedar Point rides, we plan to return again. I find that many people in the east have never heard of Cedar Point and don't know what they are missing. In many ways it is an anti-Disney experience, light on theming but heavy on rides, and with midwest prices (except for food, which can be equally exorbitant as other parks). The great lakes setting is also unique and makes the high rides special.