“Got the job done” 3 of 5 stars

1 Cedar Point Dr, Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH 44871   |
Waterville, Ohio, United States
“Got the job done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel was just OK. For the money we spent you would expect more. However, the convienence of being so close to the parks was fantastic. The prices at TGIFridays were also ridiculous. And it would have been nice to have a decent coffee/bagel/donut shop right there. They "sorta" had one, but it was a bit of a walk and not that great. That being said.....I would most definitely stay there again with the kids. The room was decent enough for the kids to sleep in a closed part while we stayed up ( 3 and 1 yr old). And the view is pretty. I liked walking to boardwalk along the water. It was clean and we really didn't run into any problems. They had a little fridge for us to keep milk, snacks etc. We had a suite.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Full disclosure, we stayed in the 'older' Bon Air section without elevators and even older than the main buildings. We knew what we were getting into, but it's still always so disappointing to see what could be an AMAZING hotel because of the amenities and location look no better than an old Motel 6.

Food choices are decent; Friday's and Perkins hit the spot. The new (since our last visit) Hibachi place had great tasting food but very rude and mean workers. The chef splattered me and my four year old daughter with hot oil and just laughed about it even while she cried!

Again, you choose this hotel because of its location. If you're visiting Cedar Point, you HAVE to stay here. It just makes everything so much more relaxing and convenient. We'll come back again and again and just hope that some day they renovate the place a bit!

Room Tip: Bon Air section has no elevator so if you don't want to climb stairs, get the ground floor!
Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Location is nice but the rooms were extremely old and out dated. For what we paid I expected a very nice room. Not even close.

• Stayed May 2011
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I went to Cedar Point for two days with my mom and younger sister in August 2011. We chose this hotel because the park is in walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is beautiful, to be honest it reminded us of the hotel in The Shining. :) You walk through a very long hallway which then opens into the check-in and dining. Our room was very clean, as was the entire hotel.

I ended up getting a kidney infection while I was there and went to the hospital.. The staff offered for the on site nurse and the paramedics to come to me. I declined their offfer and decided to go directly to the hospital. The staff was very helpful in finding the nearest hospital. In addition, they refunded our pass because of the circumstances which we found to be very generous.

Because I was admitted into the hospital I didn't get to go on the beach. However, my sister did and said it was very nice. The hotel also has many dining options. One, is a Perkins, the other is a expensive Japanese Habachi bar. (also very nice)

My family will be returning to Hotel Breakers and to Cedar Point in 2012 to finish the vacation. I would recomend this hotel to anybody looking into visiting Cedar Point.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Westland, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Have been to Cedar Point Amusement Park many times over the years but never stayed right on the property. Now that I have small children, I wouldn't stay anywhere else! It was so awesome that I could take my 4 year old back to the hotel room later in the day while my husband stayed in the amusement park with our older kids into the evening. We stayed during Halloweekends and booked a room in the older part of the hotel (book early!). The room was quite dated, but we didn't care, it was nice and cool after being out in the sun all day and the bed was comfortable. The staff really go all out when decorating for Halloween - my 4 year old LOVED all the fun and spooky decorations! We also thought it was very cool that the hotel kept the outdoor pool and beach area open even though it was October (it was sunny and 78 degrees the day we were there). The rate for a room with two queen beds was a little high, but it was well worth it for me to be able to walk back to my hotel room any time during the day. Staff all very friendly, rooms not ready when we first got there but no big deal, they have a luggage holding area (we just left our luggage locked in the trunk of our car). TIP: bring food with you and keep in refrigerator in your room (everything in Cedar Point and in the hotel is way too expensive!).

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a view if you are going to be spending your whole day in the amusement park
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We visited Cedar Point Amusement Park and stayed at the Hotel Breakers to be close to the park. It is an older hotel and does not offer any amenities at all. You definitely pay to be within walking distance from the park. The hotel is not overly clean, but not dirty. It is huge and the check in went fairly quickly. We were on the 9th floor and did enjoy that we looked directly onto a roller coaster at the park. It was a great perk to be able to leave the park, save money by eating at the hotel in the room since we had prepared food and brought it with us, and then return to the park afterwards. We had young ladies with us who were of age to "roam alone" and did so when the moms got tired at the end of the night. I would stay there again simply for the same reasons we stayed there this time. I would like a few more thrills for the high price that we paid, but the proxemity to the park was great.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room that faces the park, it is kind of fun to watch the roller coasters going at n...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Orient, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Breakers during HalloWeekends on October 1. This was our first time staying here and we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the room. We stayed in 6227, which is in the older part of the hotel in the tower, and the room was right next to the elevators. The room was a double queen and it was considerably clean. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. We had a view of the park and even though we were right next to the elevators, we didn't have any noise. What's great about Hotel Breakers during this time of the year is that they decorate for HalloWeekends. The hotel had old pictures, dark lighting, and decorations from head to toe in the main lobby. We didn't use the pool, but it looked decent; I was surprised they had lifeguards on duty. The restaurants are very convenient, but the food is very over priced. The location is the best thing about this hotel. I wouldn't spend too much money on getting a room in the newer part if you don't plan on spending much time there. This room worked perfectly for us. My only suggestion for staying at any hotel (not just this hotel) is to take your own stuff (towels, pillow, Lysol/Clorox wipes to wipe everything down before you use it) especially toilet paper.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Breakers? Share your experiences!