“Hotel Breakers is all about Location Location Location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Breakers to your Saves list
Hotel Breakers
1 Cedar Point Dr, Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH 44871   |
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Hotel Breakers is all about Location Location Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Breakers this past Sun - Wed as part of a family vacation to Cedar Point. The key pluses included the following:
1) We stayed on the 10th floor of the Towers. Yes, the room was expensive, but what resort hotel isn't expensive in prime vacation time in mid to late July? We liked the concierge room on our floor which included "light" continental breakfast in the mornings (cereal, bagels, rolls, juice & coffee), sodas, water, chips & pretzels for a couple hours in the afternoon, and crackers & cheese, veggies, beverages, cookies etc for 3 hours in the evening. It is more expensive to stay on this floor, but we believe we balanced it out by not having to eat breakfast at a restaurant (for a family of 4) and made good use of the beverages that we were able to bring into the park. The temps. were in the 90's with very high humidity the days we were there. We were constantly drinking water to stay hydrated.
2) The location couldn't be better. Right in the middle of the park and has a nice sandy beach. There are two enterances close by. The resort enterance which is by Magnum & the water park and the beach enterance which is by Windseeker. Because the resort was so close we could "come & go" multiple times during the day to and from the park.
3) Since we stayed on site, we took advantage of the 1 hr early entry. We hit Maverick first (twice) and Millenium Force right after. We could usually get in 3 or 4 top rides before the general public was allowed in at 10. The clerk at the hotel front desk was helpful with ride suggestions (she said she worked at the park rides the previous 2 years). Her best suggestion was wait to go on Raptor until after 7PM.
4) We were satisfied with the hotel service and the cleanliness of the Tower rooms. Only service disappointment was Friday's restaurant, which was slow.
5) Since we were on vacation the room was primarily just for sleeping. Overall the room was ok. Yes it is avg sized two queen bed room. We enjoyed having a dorm sized refrigerator. Yes the TV looked like it was about 15+ years old, but who came to Cedar point to watch TV??? No "closed door closet", but sufficient draw space - one for each of us.
6) No internet available in the room. I could pick up sufficient internet (though slow) from the concierge lounge and from the lobby to update my laptop with work emails.

Room Tip: I would suggest specifically reserving a room within the 10th floor of the tower. We avoided the 100...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
LI, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I traveled with my children. Yes parts were a little older, but overall I thought it was excellent place and wouldnt hesitate staying there again. The location inside the park was a real nice treat.

Room Tip: concierge floor
Hilliard, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel since I was a child. Unfortunately the customer service has gone down while the prices have skyrocketed. Every day we had to call housekeeping to come clean up our room. It seems the staff all thought someone else had handled it.(Not what you expect when paying over $200 a night! )
We have learned thru the years not to eat in the hotel because it's very expensive and the service is EXTREMELY SLOW! Expect to wait a long time to get your food at any of the restaurants. A normal wait to be served food at the TGIFridays is over 45 minutes once you order. We were in line at the ice cream parlor for over half and hour and there were only 5 people ahead of up when we got in line. This has happened for several years in a row, So this is a common thing.
Overall, the rooms are very nice and the location is great. (within walking distace to the park) but the service is terrible.

Room Tip: Old section of the hotel is beautiful but has no elevator
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Logansport, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My wife and boy and I all stayed in the older "Bon Air" section of the hotel with 2 double beds. While the room is older, the view wasn't the best, as well as the shower didn't drain very well, we all thought the stay was acceptable. The beds were ok, the room was clean, the shower actually had very good water flow, and the staff were courteous to all of us during our 2 night stay. It would be too easy to criticize numerous things during our stay, but for what we had to pay compared to other hotels, as well as the location right on Cedar Point Beach, and also the one hour early entry into the park, all made for a good value for what we paid. The wife didn't want to enter the park, so she was able to enjoy the beach and the 3 pools that the hotel has, all with hot tubs which she didn't use. The beach was fun for all of us as well. We stayed for 2 nights and we would stay again.

Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Hotel is dirty beyond belief. My husband and I took our children on a short vacation to enjoy the park.When we arrived and saw the rooms I figured its only one night. The musty odor, old dirty carpet, dirty looking linens. I woke up with a rash all over my back. The lobby and elevator were also awful. NO ONE CLEANS!!!!! they claim we were in the new part of the hotel. i cant imagine the old part.
Stay away, its worth it to drive and stay outside the park.

Jackson, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We recently stayed two nights in the Tower (Snoopy Floor) at the Breakers. This is our first trip to Sandusky and we enjoyed it very much. The Breakers is in the middle of two entrances to Cedar Point, next to the Water Park and on the beach. The location cannot be beat. Our two bedroom three queen room for about $375 per night was clean and fine. Think of the level of a Comfort Inn. I walked thru the Bon Aire section and it is not nearly as nice. Do to a strong storm power was off in the entire area for approximatly 2 hours, the staff worked very hard to make things work as well as possible. The location, early entry and great staff convinced me that I made a good decsion to stomach the high cost. I did go to the conciegre floor. The rooms are no nicer and I dont think the breakfast is worth the extra.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower, the conciegre floor is not worth the extra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

I was very nervous staying in the Bon Aire section because of the reviews, so nervous I brought a can of fabreeze, but I was pleasantly surprised. First off let's get real! You are only staying here because it is with walking distance of the
park!! Yes the room had dated wallpaper, but who cares!! There
was no smell like reported and the
room was very clean!! It was expensive for what the room was, but when we were on Maxair at 930pm and could see the line on cars trying to leave, every penny I paid was worth not fighting that crowd to get out!!
My friend and I loved the fact that when the park got hot or crowed we could walk back to the hotel change and go swimming!! We used the pools and the lake and were pleased with both. My only complaint here would be keeping young kids out of
the hot tub. However the lifeguard
tried and i think that is more of a
parent issue then hotel. We also
loved walking back to the room at
night grabbing our cooler and sitting
on the beach or boardwalk drinking
a cold beer.

My only complaints about the room
was there is no mini fridge so bring
a cooler, no table, and the sheets
are not fitted. But seriously these are not deal breakers. I think people on here are way to critical of this place.
What I would tell a friend is not to expect a 5 star hotel. This hotel is here simply because of cedar point and you are probably staying there because you are going to cedar point. Thus you will spend all day in the park and only need the room to sleep in!!!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Hotel Breakers? Share your experiences!