We stayed at Hotel Breakers this past Sun - Wed as part of a family vacation to Cedar Point. The key pluses included the following:
1) We stayed on the 10th floor of the Towers. Yes, the room was expensive, but what resort hotel isn't expensive in prime vacation time in mid to late July? We liked the concierge room on our floor which included "light" continental breakfast in the mornings (cereal, bagels, rolls, juice & coffee), sodas, water, chips & pretzels for a couple hours in the afternoon, and crackers & cheese, veggies, beverages, cookies etc for 3 hours in the evening. It is more expensive to stay on this floor, but we believe we balanced it out by not having to eat breakfast at a restaurant (for a family of 4) and made good use of the beverages that we were able to bring into the park. The temps. were in the 90's with very high humidity the days we were there. We were constantly drinking water to stay hydrated.
2) The location couldn't be better. Right in the middle of the park and has a nice sandy beach. There are two enterances close by. The resort enterance which is by Magnum & the water park and the beach enterance which is by Windseeker. Because the resort was so close we could "come & go" multiple times during the day to and from the park.
3) Since we stayed on site, we took advantage of the 1 hr early entry. We hit Maverick first (twice) and Millenium Force right after. We could usually get in 3 or 4 top rides before the general public was allowed in at 10. The clerk at the hotel front desk was helpful with ride suggestions (she said she worked at the park rides the previous 2 years). Her best suggestion was wait to go on Raptor until after 7PM.
4) We were satisfied with the hotel service and the cleanliness of the Tower rooms. Only service disappointment was Friday's restaurant, which was slow.
5) Since we were on vacation the room was primarily just for sleeping. Overall the room was ok. Yes it is avg sized two queen bed room. We enjoyed having a dorm sized refrigerator. Yes the TV looked like it was about 15+ years old, but who came to Cedar point to watch TV??? No "closed door closet", but sufficient draw space - one for each of us.
6) No internet available in the room. I could pick up sufficient internet (though slow) from the concierge lounge and from the lobby to update my laptop with work emails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps away from Cedar Point, The Roller Coaster Capital of the World!, The park's signature Hotel Breakers will be the perfect place to stay after a perfect day. The re-imagined beachfront hotel features a new grand entrance, updated lobby and public areas plus completely renovated guest rooms. Each guest room will feature an LCD TV, dorm-sized refrigerator plus new bedding, decor and furniture. The outdoor pool deck will be expanded to include a water play area with zero-depth entry, a hot tub plus new deck chairs and umbrellas. Guests will find a comfortable, social setting inside the five-story rotunda that will feature a full-service Starbucks and a refreshing Surf Lounge bar with a patio. The popular favorites of TGI Friday's, Perkins and TOMO Hibachi Grill will continue to be available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakers Hotel Sandusky
- Breakers Resort Sandusky
- Breakers Cedar Point
- Breakers Hotel Ohio
- Hotel Breakers Sandusky, Ohio