“Excellent value, clean rooms, friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1711 Cleveland Rd., Sandusky, OH 44870 (Formerly Comfort Inn Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Tokyo, Japan
“Excellent value, clean rooms, friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just stumbled upon this hotel online while booking a last minute trip to Cedar Point. It was excellent value for money and extremely close to Cedar Point. The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, wifi was available, the TV had lots of channels and the breakfast was decent. The pool looked great although we didn't end up swimming in it. Definitely a good place to crash after a full day at Cedar Point.
I wasn't overly enamoured with the breakfast and the breakfast room was crowded but it served its purpose. Overall I think this place was great and would not hesitate to book it again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
The fact that you would not hesitate to stay with us again is wonderful to hear. We're glad to have had a successful role in your trip to our area and hope to see you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Midway, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was excellent! We got a courtesy call a couple of hours before our extremely late arrival to make sure we needed our double-double room instead of just giving it away and sticking us in a one bed room because we came in late. I've been bumped out of my reserved room at other properties because of late arrival and I REALLY appreciated the phone call and the promise that our room would be there when we arrived, and it WAS! Housekeeping kindly left a hand written note explaining that they couldn't make up one of the beds because we left personal items on it and they don't move personal items. It was a nice touch to get the personal note and we appreciated the no-move policy too...good for both the guest and staff. Plenty of towels and hot water. The shower head had multiple settings so everyone got the water pressure they wanted. The walls were thin and the family next door sounded like they were in the room with us but we didn't spend much time in the room so it wasn't a problem. The light fixtures were unreliable, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't. There were a lot of insects swarming the door when we arrived after midnight and a lot of them came in with us when we entered the room. The parking lot lights attracted them. Not an ideal condition, but it's nature. What can you do? ::shrugs:: The AC worked great and I like white noise so when the fan didn't cut off completely after cooling to the set temperature, I was happy. The beds were comfortable and the decor was updated. Overall, this is a great place to stay if you're looking for a budget-friendly location that is convenient to Cedar Point. The excellent customer service definitely makes up for the minor drawbacks.

Room Tip: "Nachos - The Only Authentic Mexican Kitchen" was a fantastic bonus during our trip. Loca...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I'm thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. They are definitely our best asset and should be for any business! I'm also happy to hear that you noticed the updated and renovated rooms and that you found them to be, perhaps, above your level of expectation. The other thing that's great to hear is that you found the price-point to be customer-friendly. We can't wait to be of service to you again in the future!
Warrensville Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently went on a trip to Cedat Point with my family. I booked my hotel online which I never do unless I know someone who's been there before, but when we got there it was more than I expected. The rooms were very nice very clean and comfortable. The staff was top notch. Breakfast was great too. The only thing I would have liked was an indoor pool. I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It's great to hear that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you to Sandusky in the future! That's the best marketing any small business could ever hope for. Thank you so much for your comments and your input. It's greatly appreciated!
Lancaster, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

As good as it gets for under $100 a night... I typically go to Cedar Point every other season and have tried a different $70-$100 room on every visit. No more experimentation needed. The next time I come back to Cedar Point, I will definitely stay at the Comfort Inn Maingate.

The rooms were recently renovated, and featured modern, tasteful decor and plush bedding...most certainly not the norm for a motor lodge (meaning, exterior entrance from the lot, no hallways like a hotel). Clean, quiet, perfectly priced. We rented two rooms (206 and 207) and found them to be outstanding. Some other reviewers mentioned out of date bathrooms, and while the bathrooms were not as new as the rest of the room, ours was clean and had awesome water pressure (that's something that's iffy in even upscale hotels). Also, no problems with insects whatsoever.

Free Wifi, free (tasty) breakfast. AND THE MOST AMAZING MEXICAN RESTAURANT NEXT DOOR...according to the lady at the front desk, this place, "Nachos" just opened two weeks ago. Very affordable, authentic, out-of-this-world Mexican. It was so good, we went there for both lunch and dinner on the same day. Great prices on pitchers of delicious margaritas as well as a large beer selection.

Can't say enough great things about our stay. We might start making the CP trip yearly.

Room Tip: Rooms 206 and 207 were fully renovated and updated, also close to ice machines & vending.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to offer such a complimentary rating and review of your recent stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our recently remodeled rooms and our amazing complimentary full breakfast! We hope you DO make a yearly trip to the Sandusky/Cedar Point area and can't wait to be of service to you again!
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overall nice stay. Only drawback, and my fault for not noticing when I made the reservation, was the absence of a bar. Fortunately there is the Thirsty Pony within walking distance, less than 1/4 mile.
Room clean, good breakfast, shower maybe a little weak. Stayed two nights. Short ride from downtown. I don't believe the pool was open, too chilly the two days we stayed anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you, very much, for your overwhelmingly positive rating and review of your recent stay with us. To the best of my knowledge, the pool at this seasonal property has been open since May--so it may just have appeared closed with no activity because of the weather indications you indicated. Our location--only one block from the Cedar Point Causeway--is one of our greatest assets. We're in an area where it doesn't take long to get to any number of great eating establishments and lounges and bars.

Thank you again for relating your experiences. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

II got in at 11pm, 5 hour drive to hotel. When we got in toilet was broken. When flushed went all over the floor. I told them I was too tired to do anything that night. We were at the park 10-12 hours next day(Saturday). Toilet was 100% fixed when we came back.

Breakfast was great! / prompt
People were helpful / friendly
Toilet was fixed
Room was as expected & clean

Neighborhood looked questionable. But, this area where hotels were, I had no issue and was not concerned. It was close to park - a few min. It was easy to get to the park. It was easy to get to other things in this area (Gas Station).

Pricing was perfect. I was not overcharged - it was typical.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your review was very thorough and, I think, gives others great information to make an educated decision on where to spend their hard-earned dollars on lodging. We can't wait to see you again in the very near future!
Inwood, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

the people there were 200% professional, courteous and amazing. My friend who went with me said she had never seen such a finer job done on clean rooms and making beds. All the workers were amazing! The rooms were perfect! The Breakfast was PERFECT! We are planning to come back next year and stay again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Your review and rating of your recent stay at our hotel couldn't make me or the rest of our staff any happier. It's great to hear when our hard work and attention to detail pay off--and it certainly seems to be the case with your experience. We can't wait to have you come back and stay with us again next year! Try to make it back sooner if you can :)

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point? Share your experiences!