The staff was excellent! We got a courtesy call a couple of hours before our extremely late arrival to make sure we needed our double-double room instead of just giving it away and sticking us in a one bed room because we came in late. I've been bumped out of my reserved room at other properties because of late arrival and I REALLY appreciated the phone call and the promise that our room would be there when we arrived, and it WAS! Housekeeping kindly left a hand written note explaining that they couldn't make up one of the beds because we left personal items on it and they don't move personal items. It was a nice touch to get the personal note and we appreciated the no-move policy too...good for both the guest and staff. Plenty of towels and hot water. The shower head had multiple settings so everyone got the water pressure they wanted. The walls were thin and the family next door sounded like they were in the room with us but we didn't spend much time in the room so it wasn't a problem. The light fixtures were unreliable, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't. There were a lot of insects swarming the door when we arrived after midnight and a lot of them came in with us when we entered the room. The parking lot lights attracted them. Not an ideal condition, but it's nature. What can you do? ::shrugs:: The AC worked great and I like white noise so when the fan didn't cut off completely after cooling to the set temperature, I was happy. The beds were comfortable and the decor was updated. Overall, this is a great place to stay if you're looking for a budget-friendly location that is convenient to Cedar Point. The excellent customer service definitely makes up for the minor drawbacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky Cedar Point, we want you to relax and feel at home. Our helpful staff is there to welcome you, and you'll find everything to suit your needsInviting rooms are just ahead.ALL Room Renovated in 2012! There's nothing more thrilling than a hotel right in the center of the action and here you are literally a hop, skip and a jump away from the main entrance to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Enjoy a well-appointed guest room and hotel amenities that include free HBO and premium cable TV, free local calls and wireless Internet, an extensive and complimentary Continental breakfast, game room, and heated outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Maingate Hotel Sandusky
- Comfort Inn Sandusky
- Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky/Cedar Point Ohio