Remarks regarding recent stay at Comfort in Sandusky Ohio, arriving the evening of Friday, Sept 4th, departing Sunday Sept. 6th. Overall, my stay did not meet a $129.00/night rate in the least. Of the three young men at the counter, we were waited on by an individual who obviously has no plans to climb the Comfort Inn corporate ladder. After hiking the trail through this extensive 280 room elevator free facility, I could not enter my room, the card key did not work. So, after retracing my many footsteps back downstairs, our front desk attendant remarked as he re-programmed my key cards “ I thought I might have put the wrong number on it but I wasn’t sure.” I have now more than familiar with the long and winding road, I am able to enter the room. Ready to get things unpacked, I turn the air conditioner on as the room is pretty stuffy. Nothing happens. We make a call to the front desk. After stating the problem, the response was “Wait a minute, let me flip the breaker, hold on (waited 10 seconds-then) Is it on now?” As if by magic it came on, wow. We had difficulty getting the television to work, but we got it wired so it would tune in. I have to agree with other comments I have read, Please invest in some decent towels. The towels I had were John Wayne towels, rough as sandpaper and wouldn’t take any ‘water’ off anyone, but they are excellent for exfoliation. This might be appealing for my wife, but I like my skin the way it is-thanks anyway. The breakfast fare was very adequate, the room and space to accommodate 280 rooms for breakfast was woefully inadequate. I could eat well if I was the first one in line when it opened but if I slept in at all, the lines to the waffle makers (both of them) became so long they would wind through the entire food service area creating such congestion families had difficulty accessing the cereal, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, and coffee. Oh, on the coffee, three of the four regular coffee earns were empty both mornings, but the Gourmet brand was good when I got it. The waffles are a great idea, every kid wants one. If they could be located farther away from the rest of the food lines the whole morning would be less stressful and hurried. The overall cleanliness was lacking, spider webs in my window, cigarette butts in the hallways. Our kids liked the swimming area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Truly Yours™From the moment you arrive at our Comfort Inn, we want you to relax and feel at home. Our helpful staff is there to welcome you, and you'll find everything to suit your needs, including: NEW Free hot breakfast buffet featuring eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, toast, danish, juice...and your choice of original or flavored wafflesFree high-speed Internet accessClean, comfortable and well-appointed roomsCozy bedsFeel at ease knowing that your satisfaction is important to us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Comfort Inn Sandusky Ohio