“Cedar point ” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
“Cedar point ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel was clean and everyone was very friendly ..we will be staying there again when we go back to Sandusky next summer to go to cedar point ..I would recommend this hotel to friends and family the price was great for what you get .

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Sandusky, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you, very much, for the wonderful recommendation. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and super-happy to hear that you'll be staying with us again next summer. Until then, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Kendallville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and 2 boys stayed one night here after a long day/ night at cedar point... it was clean and comfortable and updated.We thought the beds were amazing and comfortable! I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again on our yearly visit. We did not get to try any of the pools, game room, ect. because of our arriving so late in the night but I still think it is a clean comfortable hotel. I'm normally a little hesitant on hotels around Sandusky because some of them are so old and ran down, this hotel is not and I will stay here again. (rm. 2116)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderfully positive experience with our hotel. It's great to hear that your family enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations clean, comfortable, and updated.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future!
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel overall was nice, it looked like it had been renovated fairly recently. The rooms were clean and everything worked as it should. Breakfast was good, they had something like six waffle makers, which were the most I've ever seen and eliminated waiting to make a waffle, a common problem with hotel breakfasts. We were travelling with my mother who did not go with us to Cedar Point, choosing to stay at the hotel. Unfortunately she discovered she had no options for lunch that day without a car. The cabana bar at the pool didn't open until 5:00, which seems odd given that it's by an outdoor pool where people presumably swim during the day. The front desk staff directed her to some restaurants within walking distance, but when she tried that she found the route was on an extremely busy main road without sidewalks that went under a highway bridge. She didn't feel comfortable walking on the road. When she returned to the hotel the staff suggested pizza delivery, but we had pizza the night before. We had seen a Jimmy Johns sandwich shop close to the hotel, so the front desk assisted her in calling them. At first they told here they didn't know where the hotel was, then told her it was outside their delivery area. The hotel is only a block from their location, which was absurd. Defeated, my mother went without eating lunch. Overall, Sandusky doesn't seem like a town that makes itself convenient for travelers, even though I would think their summer business is highly dependent on tourism business for Cedar Point and the surrounding lake environment. We ate dinner at the restaurant at the hotel, which was clearly understaffed and ill prepared to handle a small crowd, the meal took forever. I could see that in the off season, but during July? I loved Cedar Point, I am less impressed by the town of Sandusky.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. Although I'm happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly, I'm really sorry to hear that your mother had such a hard time just trying to do something as simple as get a bite to eat for lunch.

I'm also sorry to hear that your wait in Baci took longer than you expected. Baci is definitely a complete dining experience and everything is prepared by order. With this kind of fine dining, speed is definitely not one of our strong suits. Quality and impeccable taste--and ambiance--are what we strive for. Many party's that dine with us spend well over four hours enjoying every minute of their experience. I'm sorry that your experience with our #1 rated restaurant didn't live up to your expectations.

At any rate, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope that, if you're in the area in the future, you'll choose to allow us to serve your lodging needs again; it would certainly be our pleasure!
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Let me preface this review by stating that we aren't overly picky people. We have kids, and were expecting a clean property, on a level with the price that was paid.

The room (#2013), and especially the bathroom, were extremely outdated. "Desk" was closer to a bar height rather than table, making it difficult to use, and we aren't short people. Also, loud thumping from the bar music could be heard well past midnight. I wasn't expecting a great view from the room, but I did see a dirty rooftop with buckets of DryVit and empty Bud Light cans and cigarette butts.

There was trash left in the parking lot for consecutive days, and the light that we parked by had a large number of wires hanging out of it. I don't see how it could possibly pass code, as it looked hazardous.

We saw several cigarette butts and band aids around the perimeter of the indoor pool and hottub. This was around 4:00 PM, LONG after any partying from the previous night should have been cleaned up.

The outdoor pool was just okay. When making the reservation, I thought we'd enjoy being able to have a few drinks while the kids swam, but the odd vibe of the cabana bar was more "biker" than family.

Breakfast left a lot to be desired. There was zero fruit on either of the two mornings we were there, and no toppings for the waffles other than standard full-calorie syrup. A lite option would have been nice.

We paid around $170 per night for a standard room with two double beds. I would expect to pay no more than $100 per night for a property of this quality. I didn't complain to the front desk, because what's the point? I did ask them for directions to a local attraction, and they were very helpful.

When we return to Sandusky, we'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, request a room far away from the restaurant/bar.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear that we weren't able to meet all of your expectations during your recent stay with us. As you can see, this is not the typical rating or review that we receive from the vast majority of our guests and it saddens me when we have a guest who seems as unhappy with their stay as you do.

I'm hopeful that you let our management staff know right away about the concerns you raised so that they could be addressed immediately. We simply cannot fix what we're not aware of--and sometimes, the direct feedback from our guests is THE best source of information that we can receive. One of the things we could have done was switch you to a room that was more to your liking. In a hotel with 205 rooms, we almost always have that option at our disposal.

We will be reviewing your comments with our maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping departments to ensure that future guests do not witness what you did.
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Exceeded our expectations with the comfort for the price. Arcade was fun for kids and we loved the pool for the kids with bar for parents. Food was good and continental breakfast was good. Plenty of choices. We will be staying again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The fact that you say that you'll be staying with us again says it all! Our guests' word of mouth is the best advertising and promotion that we could ever hope for. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities our property has to offer. We can't wait to see you back again!
Osceola, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

we went to Sandusky to visit Cedar Point. wanted just a basic room to stay in. Price was fair for what we needed, room clean, nice beds. The Baci restaurant was fabulous! Bar at the pool was nice. would stay again. I wanted a hotel that allowed smoking. Not too far from the park, near everything.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that you found value in the price you paid for your room. We hope to see you back again soon!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

A big A+++ to the staff. This was the perfect location and we received excellent service. I had two issues: one - a guest that did not adhere to the no smoking policy in their room that was next to ours, and staff dealt with it immediately and even offered for us to move if that was our wish. The next morning, our tub did not drain properly and when I returned to the room 2 hours later - it was FIXED. The place is clean, the linens were changed daily and I just can't say enough of how WONDERFUL it is to finally get a hotel that completely gets is right! Perfect location and they saved us a fortune by not staying on the amusement property! The microwave and fridge in the room were a surprise and a bonus!

Room Tip: There are only two floors and I don't think it would matter which room - easy access all aroung.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for offering such a thorough and honest rating and review of your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had to deal with regarding the guest who was not observant of the smoking policy. I'm glad to hear that our helpful and friendly staff quickly resolved that issue--and that they were willing to move you to another room if that's what it took. That's exactly what should have happened. I'm also glad to hear that we were able to rectify the drainage issue quickly as well. Although no hotel (or any business for that matter) is perfect, we really do strive to treat each and every one of our guests as if there the most important person to our business--because, collectively, you all are!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve your family's lodging needs. We hope to see you back again very soon in the near future!