The hotel overall was nice, it looked like it had been renovated fairly recently. The rooms were clean and everything worked as it should. Breakfast was good, they had something like six waffle makers, which were the most I've ever seen and eliminated waiting to make a waffle, a common problem with hotel breakfasts. We were travelling with my mother who did not go with us to Cedar Point, choosing to stay at the hotel. Unfortunately she discovered she had no options for lunch that day without a car. The cabana bar at the pool didn't open until 5:00, which seems odd given that it's by an outdoor pool where people presumably swim during the day. The front desk staff directed her to some restaurants within walking distance, but when she tried that she found the route was on an extremely busy main road without sidewalks that went under a highway bridge. She didn't feel comfortable walking on the road. When she returned to the hotel the staff suggested pizza delivery, but we had pizza the night before. We had seen a Jimmy Johns sandwich shop close to the hotel, so the front desk assisted her in calling them. At first they told here they didn't know where the hotel was, then told her it was outside their delivery area. The hotel is only a block from their location, which was absurd. Defeated, my mother went without eating lunch. Overall, Sandusky doesn't seem like a town that makes itself convenient for travelers, even though I would think their summer business is highly dependent on tourism business for Cedar Point and the surrounding lake environment. We ate dinner at the restaurant at the hotel, which was clearly understaffed and ill prepared to handle a small crowd, the meal took forever. I could see that in the off season, but during July? I loved Cedar Point, I am less impressed by the town of Sandusky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Truly Yours™From the moment you arrive at our Comfort Inn, we want you to relax and feel at home. Our helpful staff is there to welcome you, and you'll find everything to suit your needs, including: NEW Free hot breakfast buffet featuring eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, toast, danish, juice...and your choice of original or flavored wafflesFree high-speed Internet accessClean, comfortable and well-appointed roomsCozy bedsFeel at ease knowing that your satisfaction is important to us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Comfort Inn Sandusky Ohio