“Very nice and besutiful hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68301 Red Roof Lane, Saint Clairsville, OH 43950   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
saint clairsville
“Very nice and besutiful hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband stay every year on our Anniversary we love the rooms quietness and the staff. we are getting ready to stay this month for our 35th wedding Anniversary wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2014
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Daredevil09

Congratulation on your 35th Wedding Anniversary!!! Thank you for coming back year after year to the Red Roof Inn on such a special occasion. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations every year.

General Manager.....:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love how it is on a hill and out of the way. Very nice staff and clean room. Alsobstores aroundnthe corner frok hotel. Not to mention only being 12 mins away from wheeling west Virginia. Will visit again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Stacy R.

Thank you for choosing us to stay with and thank you for a great review!

Have a wonderful Day
La Center, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Newly remodeled all new interiors comfortable bed very quiet
, good location BEST VALUE

Recently remodeled beds are very comfortsble . Rooms are very quiet . The very best value in
the area. STaff was very helpful and professional. Good resturants and services close to the
Hotels. Definetly an ideal place to stay in St Clairsville

All the other hotels in the are overpriced.Great staff very helpful

Room Tip: Check out thd rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Edward M.

Thank you so much for sharing....It is a pleasure to know that we have been able to deliver a clean, comfortable and quite room during stay. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff here was exceptional from the time we arrived to the time we departed. They were friendly and courteous and showed a real commitment to making sure we had a great experience! Sharon did a great job cleaning the rooms and supplied us with clean towels and a smile every time we asked. At checkout time Paige went above and beyond assisting our group, including making reservations for next year...already looking forward to going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello TCB02

I made sure to tell Sharon and Paige about the review and I want to thank you for taking the time to recognize them both. We are constantly striving to provide the best service and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Traveling with a dog and being the optimal place for my trip route to stop for the night, this hotel is really all that is in the WV/Ohio/Western PA area that allows pets and is affordable. That being said, they can pretty much charge what they want, and you definitely aren't getting your money's worth at $100/night. I stayed here twice in about two weeks on a road trip. Don't let the online pictures fool you, the rooms definitely don't look that nice in person. I think my expectations were too high after seeing the pictures and reviews. I will say the bed was good though. I don't love an outdoor entrance, the rooms were a little dirty, and there are always tons of workers staying here too. The first time I stayed wasn't awful, just average for a motel. The second time I stayed, I had to wait a full 5 min to check in while the lady at the desk was on the phone (which doesn't seem like much but feels like an eternity in a tiny lobby filled with 12 male construction workers who don't understand personal space.) The room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and was less clean than last time. And of course the workers were all put in rooms right near us, which in my experience from the last trip, means noise pretty much all night long. On the plus side, the area has a mall and quite a few places to grab food, so you have options in that respect. Next time I have to make this trip I'm going to plan my stop elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience! While our rates are more than we typically charge, in comparison with others in the same market we are still a good value. Yes we do....like all other hotels, we do have our fair share of the gas/oil workers staying in the area. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with the experience that would encourage a return visit. I hope that you will not be dissuaded from staying at Red Roof Inn's altogether and will allow us one more chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am changing my previous review which I will paste at the end because after a few hours of being at this hotel my body is covered in itchy bug bites. So as can imagine what I thought looked clean obviously wasn't. And before the owner says it was from somewhere else I will say I had 0 bites the day before and now I have at least 20. Don't stay in room 209!

Here is my origionally review that I gave 3 stars

To start with I think having an optional safe fee that you have to ask to be removed should be a crime. That being said the room was remodeled an was cleanish. There was a coke can under my bed, but the room looked cheap but clean. We slept very well undisturbed, but when we woke and went outside there were bud light cans on the railing. Thankfully the drunks were quiet ones. I probably wouldn't stay here again I will likely try to avoid stopping in the area as from my understanding fracking workers are inflating prices. It was over a $100 for a room that would be $60 elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I first want to say I am sorry for any issues that you experienced while stay with us. Immediately after receiving this complaint, I had my professional pest control representative inspect room 209 for any unwanted pest. Upon inspection, the pest control representative found nothing in the room to justify bug bites. Please feel free to give me a call at 740-695-4057 ext. 6 so that I can get your address to mail you a copy of his report.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel and most staff are great caring people they made you feel like you were important to them and right at home. Rooms were clean and check in and out was a breeze. Not sure on an early post what pleasing your spouse has to do with the hotel by I over all was very happy with my stay and would defiantly stay as this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, I would like to thank you for your great review. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guest and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Terry Fitch

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!