“A Great, Clean Place for Travelling” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68301 Red Roof Lane, Saint Clairsville, OH 43950   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“A Great, Clean Place for Travelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thankfully we had placed a reservation the day before because when we arrived at 10:00 pm at night, the office was busy! This area of Ohio is very busy with construction and gas company work. Someone else may have given our situation a lower rating, however, I don't mind "hiccups" in service as long as the issues are resolved, which ours was immediately. We requested an non-smoking room and we went into a room that had an ashtray and smelled of smoke. I immediately called the office and she rectified the situation, putting us in a non-smoking room. (Apparently the room we were first placed in was supposed to be non-smoking but the previous guests turned it into a smoking room!)
The rooms were updated to modern decor. There was plenty of room. The bathroom vanity is outside of the toilet/shower room. My kids thought that was neat! Everything was clean and comfortable. We were SO happy with this room, as we paid under $100 and just needed a place to sleep for the night on our way to Indiana.
I read the reviews of this particular Red Roof before I made the reservations and some people commented on the construction trucks taking up the space in the lots. I say, "So what??" These men are working hard and need a place to sleep at night. I can share the space with my SUV!
I wish I had remembered the name of the lady working the desk that evening. She did an excellent job with the "crowd" waiting to see if there was a room available. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Indiana!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am very glad that you had a pleasant stay and that we exceeded your expections! Hopefully you will stop in again on your next trip through the area. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you soon!

Happy Holidays,

Terry Fitch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay. Beds are comfortable, rooms are always clean. The staff (especially Marian) are always friendly and helpful. I stay here often when I go to visit my son and always have had a wonderful experience. And Marian, the place you recommended to eat (a new place that just opened in the area) was fantastic!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St. Clairsville Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and especially Marian. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for letting us be your home away home while you visit your son.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here on November 2 and I was greeted with a smile by both Opal and Shari. Both were helpful by providing superb choices on where to eat that evening. When my husband and I arrived at our room, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room very clean and inviting. The room was spacious and the bed was very cozy. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Saint Clairsville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was so nasty and dirty, I had to leave even though it was very late at night and I was tired. Room smelled so bad, it was disgusting. Ended up at the Days Inn down the road, which was like the Bates Motel at the top of a hill, but that was miles above this very low quality Red Roof Inn. I can't believe the high ratings here, they are NOT warranted. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry about the inconvenience that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional stay with us and in your case we failed. There is no excuse for the bad odor and I will make sure that we continue to check for this during our daily room checks. We take all of guest comments very seriously. We read them, learn from them, and use them to better serve our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us we look forward to using them to make our guests stay that much better. I hope that you decide to give Red Roof Inn another try so that we can show you that your experience was an exception rather than the rule.

Saguatuck, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Found three bugs from two different species. One was in the bed, one on the ceiling and another coming out from behind the mirrow. In the tub/shower, found the bar of soap from the prior night's resident. I would not associate any of these things with a room that was clean.

The location is good and its less expensive than other places in the area but hardly cheap. Seems like some of the oil/gas activity in the area has caused hotel rates to go up dramatically in this area.

Oh, and then there was the cleaning person who entered at 9:30 AM without knocking.

Room Tip: The 800 number offered only double and single beds; the hotel desk actually had kings available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences and I am truly sorry that you experience several different issues during your stay. First, we do perform daily room inspections so I can assure you finding a used bar of soap in the tub/shower area is an isolated incident. Second, our property is located near a wooded area and I truly understand how the location of your particular room could have experienced a couple insects if the door had been left open by the housekeeper. We did have that room treated immediately after you informed me of the problem during checkout. I want to thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we are driven to make improvements and making our guests’ experience enjoyable and positive. I hope you decide to give Red Roof Inn another opportunity the next time you travel to show this experience was an exception and not our standard.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night last weekend on a short road trip to Cleveland and the Ohio Valley. There's no continental breakfast (but there's coffee in the lobby) but the service was friendly, the room clean and comfortable. The wi-fi was a little slow, but that's my only complaint.

• Stayed October 2012
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Glad to know you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable! I am sorry that you had an issue with our internet service being slow. I hope we can accommodate you in the future and provide a room that is 100% satisfactory! Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns! Happy Travels, Terry Fitch General Manager.
Chicagoland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This area is being used hard by gas/coal workers and this property is managing to keep up with it and everything in good shape. Property is above average for this brand. Is a great value for the area and would stay here again without hesitation. Houskeepers were friendly in pointing out where to eat/find services in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
terry1212, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments about the great service and clean rooms! Your words were such encouragement to my staff to continue to provide exceptional service and you made their day! So glad to know that we were able to be provided you with directions to different places to eat in the area. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Red Roof General Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!