“Old hotel but otherwise fine” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn St. Clairsville

You added Days Inn St. Clairsville to your Saves list
Days Inn St. Clairsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52601 Holiday Drive/I-70, I-70 & Rt 214 Exit 220, Saint Clairsville, OH 43950   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
cleveland
“Old hotel but otherwise fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

This hotel fit our needs for one night. We were headed to Wheeling Island Casino and needed somewhere close to the casino that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg. This fit the bill and our room was clean. The next morning we had a continental breakfast which included english muffins, toast, waffles, regular muffins, danishes, 2 kinds of cereal, apples, oranges, coffee, tea and 2 different kinds of juice. There was also a fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer in the room and a decent pool.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I picked up a friend from Idaho at Pittsburgh International Airport at midnight on Wednesday. We were driving to visit another friend in Columbus Ohio. I had made reservations to stay at Days Inn in St Clairsville for the night as it is the mid point between Pittsburgh and Columbus. I called to advise them that we would not be arriving until approximately 2 a.m. We drove to St Clairsville and tried to locate the Days Inn, but had no luck, we drove around the city and finally stopped at a Denny's for directions. We were told that we exited the interstate too soon and that if we got back on I-70 and went 2 exits the Days Inn was visable from the highway. Well we ended up at a days in in Cambridge Ohio, because we never did find the inn I had made reservations for. I tried calling the St. Clairsville Days Inn 4 times from 2:30 until 4:00 a.m., and no one answered the phone. It was very frustrating, now they are charging me as a no show, when I couldn't find the darn place to begin with and they wouldn't answer their phone. Don't recommend attempting to stay at this one. The Days Inn in Cambridge was fine, a little small, but clean and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

This looked like a good choice for the final night of a business/vacation trip in which I stayed 7 nights in 4 different hotels. I found this to be the best! I did not have a reservation but had no trouble getting a room on a Monday night. The checkin clerk wasn't very friendly but I wasn't there to see him, so I didn't really care. However, as an intro to the hotel he could have been better.

My room had a very comfortable king bed, large TV, and fridge. Everything was clean and I slept very well. The next morning as I left a friendly housekeeping member asked me how I was and told me to have a good day. It made for a pleasant departure from the hotel.

The building itself is not new, but is well maintained and updated. The bathroom had granite sinktop and tub surround and tile flooring. My room had no bad smell and the wireless internet worked fine. The room fronts are composed mostly of glass, but I heard very little outside noise and what I heard wasn't bothersome. My only request would be either include a power strip or add more electrical outlets. With all the features of the room, the outlets were all in use when I went to plug in my laptop.

Getting here can be a little confusing because it is "inside" the point where I-70 and I-470 come together (if you are headed west; or, where they split, if you are headed east.) I believe I-70 exit 220 is the correct exit. Also, Highway 40 is just north of I-70 here and the hotel is just as easily accessible from that. I ate dinner about one or two miles west of the hotel (I took Hwy 40 into town) at a very large mall/shopping complex that has a great variety of restaurants.

My room was around $55 for a king and I probably could have done even better booking earlier online. Of all the hotels I stayed at this trip, this was by far the best. (Other stays included Super 8, Baymont, Knights Inn.) After some really bad experiences with Days Inn in the past couple years, this was a great change.

• Liked — value for cost
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Had a good experience recently at another Day's Inn, so we took a chance on this one.

Not bad, not great. We reserved a non-smoking room, but the room we were given had a terrible stench of stale cigarette smoke. The guy at the desk gave us another, no problem. The second room was much better, but had a strong smell of something like floral carpet deodorizer. We decided that was OK, and better than bugging the guy again. Later, after settling in for bed, we turned on the AC fan and discovered why deodorizer had been used in the room: a strong smell of stale cigarettes blowing out of the unit. Guess you can't hold it against them when rotten ill-bred smokers smoke up the smoke-free rooms; at least the deodorizer showed the motel was trying to do something about it.

Carpet was not vacuumed in the hard to reach spots, like between bedstand and bed. Otherwise, the room was reasonably clean.

They had one of those fancy showerheads with different settings. Generally, I don't like those because I find them broken in most motels, but ours worked perfectly. The bathtub was VERY slippery -- not recommended for the old or feeble. The management should put down some anti-slip strips before somebody busts something.

The pool area, with groomed grounds around it, looked great -- way above average, but was already closed for the season.

The directions on the motel website were unclear, so that we drove back and forth a couple times before finding the right turn-off. However, once we found it, the location was very good. Not far from the interstate and the St. Clairsville shopping area, but distant enough to be quiet, and up on top of a hill by itself. Early the next morning I went out to find the pop machine, and was surprised by a spectacular sunrise coming up over some hills in the distance.

The free breakfast area was large and very nice, one of the best. It's a separate room, off the lobby, furnished like a cafe. They didn't have my favorite, bagels and cream cheese, but the selection was good otherwise and frequently attended to. They had a lot of cold cereal in dispenser thingies; that seemed to be popular.

For the low price, a really good place to stay.

• Liked — Location, low price, very nice breakfast area
  • Disliked — Rooms did not smell fresh, and could have been vacuumed better
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Northeast Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I had read several favorable reviews prior to booking this hotel. They had a few complaints, however nothing that I found to be major. I booked the rooms in early August. After booking I read more reviews that weren't so favorable and I began to worry a little that I had made a mistake. When we arrived what I saw was fine. We went in to the desk to check in with no problems. Our rooms were clean and even had a fridge that we weren't expecting. If you are expecting the TajMahal you are at the wrong place, however if you are just looking for a clean place to sleep and shower this works fine. We did have a power outage in the evening however it was soon fixed.
Later we went back to the office to ask for some information and Rusty was more than happy to help us and reccommended a wonderful restrauant "Undo's". The food was great (Italian) and the waite staff very freindly (Jenny). Thanks Rusty.
We would stay here again. Maybe in the fall as you can see for miles. I imagine it is beautiful.

• Liked — The view of the Ohio Valley and the pool was very nice.
  • Disliked — Was a little noisey when people were checking in late.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Central Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

Traveling alone for some family history work and mountian biking on the old strip mines; checked in with a ton of fishermen in town for a tournament and was bit concerned, but the room was ok, the place was quiet, the pool was - for some reason - one nicest I have been in (very clean and big), and breakfast was solid. A good, affordable stay, perfect for me that weekend. If go back with my family, we will stay there, even if it isn't fancy.

• Liked — Pool!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We registered at 3:00 in the morning after speaking with the front desk three hours earlier. He assisted us with directions and a driving timeline.
The rooms were adjoining as we requested...traveling with 7 children ages 2 through 16years. The rooms were large and clean. Comfortable beds and an updated bathroom.
The person in charge of the breakfast was very accomodating as we require kosher food and she was kind enough to show us the kosher markings on the packages of muffins, bagels, cereal etc.
The price was unbelievably reasonable. All other motels in the area were much higher.
We would definately stay here again for the wonderdul staff and the quality of the rooms.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!