“It's just ok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn St. Clairsville

You added Hampton Inn St. Clairsville to your Saves list
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51130 National Rd E (US 40), Saint Clairsville, OH 43950   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Pennsylvania
“It's just ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

As someone who travels 9 months a year for work I put most of that time in at Hampton inns. And I usually look forward to my stay abd returning to most. However this Hampton just makes me feel blah. It's nothing fancy outside of the lobby and that's fine. It's big. It has a managers reception that isn't anywhere near the quality of the Wheeling Hampton. It's catered by the restaurant upstairs I believe. And their food Is just nasty. Worst pizza I've had in my life abd all of my travels. But anyway what really gets hot is I was relieving a co-worker he changed the room from his name to mine so when he left I had a room. Upon arrival the desk staff are like no. We don't have a room for you. Brian checked out abd were full. I've stayed here a few times and it just seems like u need to twist someone's arm to make anything happen. I really have no gripes about the hotel other than I feel that a few desk staff members are totally incompetent. I just don't care about this hotel like I feel about other Hampton inns where the staff Make u feel at home.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I were attending a wedding in Ohio and we made reservations at the Hampton Inn. The wedding was earlier than the designated check in time. After a five hour drive my husband and I didn't want to get changed into our wedding attire in a bathroom. So, I called the Hampton Inn to see if we could check in early. The front desk clerk, Tracy, who I had the pleasure of explaining my dilemma, Tracy stated that she would see what she could do to get us into our room. She came back to the phone stated that if we give them 45 minutes, when we arrive the hotel room would be ready. Once we arrived I was greeted by a pleasant smile and an extended hand from Tracy. I felt very welcome. Just a special shout out to Tracy from Mrs. Bailey thanks so much for excellent customer service.The room was clean and I was very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonStClairsville, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hi Tamia B!
I made sure to tell Tracey about your review and how awesomely helpful she was.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Tracey, she is a great lady, and thank you for taking the time to write this review,
St. Clairsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a great time at the Hampton Inn in St. Clairsville, Ohio! The staff was very friendly and helpful! We will definitely stay there again! We have stayed in this area several times and this is the nicest place we have stayed in so far!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Hello JaneN,
WOW! Thank you for the awesome comment about us being the nicest place! That is a fantastic compliment! I am so happy that you were so please with everything, this review really makes my day,
Thank you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Normally stay once a month. Rooms are OK, staff is friendly & helpful. Need to make reservation as room book fast. I like the fitness center and complimentary breakfast has nice variety. I've never used the pool, so I cannot comment. Location is close to eateries and interstate access is easy.

Hi 399barneyr!
Thank you for coming back and staying with us, and thank you for the thorough review!
Southern Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Checked in at 2:00 am after a very long day on the road. Desk clerk was friendly, wide awake and eager to offer complimentary late night...well, early morning snack. Special surprise was whirlpool in my room. Despite the hour I soaked for 15 minutes and totally unwound from the day's stress.

Hello jazzguySO,
I am glad that the whirlpool helped you unwind your days stress and that you enjoyed your morning snack.. I am glad we could help!
Thank you for staying with us, and please stop again,
Demotte, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here one night, decent pricing, very close to lots of restaurants and just a 10 minute trip to Wheeling to the casino and dog track. Room was about as expected from a Hampton Inn, nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast in the morning was good, no real issues or problems at this hotel, would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello KaryIN,
I am glad to hear that everything was great with your stay and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor,
Oakwood Village, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Good breakfast, complimentary dinner on Wednesdays from Undo's Italian Restaurant (connected to the building). Fitness Center has enough to get a full workout in. Swimming pool and hot tub are nice accessories.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonStClairsville, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello Justin e!
I am glad you enjoyed our Wednesday Managers Reception, and the fitness area, it sounds like you had a great stay!
Stephanie Westfall

Been to Hampton Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!