“Emergency Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Springfield, Virginia
“Emergency Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I ended up at this hotel for an emergency stop on a Friday night with 30 17-18 year old girls. (bus issues) we called them at 1:30am and at 2am we arrived and were greeted with room keys and I was able to get all of them in their room within a matter of minutes. Very impressive. We were only at this hotel for less than eight hours but for the few hours I was able to sleep I enjoyed the bed. The breakfast was good but even better was the service it was extraordinary. They knew we had to be out of the hotel by 8:30 and we would be descending on them early and they had everything ready and plentiful at the breakfast bar.
If ever in the area I would stop at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
scvoh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Clairsville, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you within such a short period of time! Thanks for the great comments, and I will be sure to pass them along to my entire staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have stayed here many times as we have family near-by. I really thought when I made the reservations that they would not have any rooms available. It was the week-end before Christmas, but they seemed to have several rooms available. We checked in at 3:30pm. The clerk found our reservation quickly and asked if we needed any snacks or water. I was really surprised at that question, but it was nice. Our room was next to the elevator and I thought about changing it because of the noise, but that wasn't an issue. The room was clean and free of smoke smell. The next morning we went to the continental breakfast. The room was full of families and an employee suggested that we make our selections and she would bring it up to our room on a tray. We politely declined and went to a near by restaurant.
We had an enjoyable stay with no problems. Several oil field workers are in the area and it was difficult to find a close parking spot at times. In previous visits, mud was tracked throughout the hotel by these workers, but the staff seem to be on top of cleaning. They have improved on service and being friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
scvoh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Clairsville, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to St. Clairsville! We constantly strive to make this a great hotel guests love. I will share your comments with my entire staff, and we hope to see you again soon!
Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I got a great nights sleep during my stay, but the bathroom needed so work. The stopper on the tub was broke and the handle was really loose when I went to turn on the water, it felt like it was ready to fall off. The bath curtain had a big tear in it. I Also noticed some of the tiles along the corner of the wall were loose and ready to fall off the wall.

• Stayed December 2013
scvoh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Clairsville, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to St. Clairsville. We are in the process of replacing the bathroom tile in all of our guest rooms. I will forward your comments regarding the guest bathroom to my Executive Housekeeper for follow up. We hope to see you again the next time your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My first stay in this hotel but I will be returning. This is a older Holiday Inn but it was comfortable, attractive and clean. The staff was very pleasant and the breakfast buffet was excellent. There is alot of traffic noise from I-70, so if you plan to stay here, I suggest you ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the highway. There is a large mall in the area with restaurants and a Crackerbarrel down the hill , which is where I ate. This was a good stop on my way home to NJ.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side of the building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
scvoh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Clairsville, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for the great comments regarding your recent stay with us in St. St. Clairsville. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Galion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in August and had a delightful experience. First, we were greeted by a wonderful staff who even attempted to see if they could help us out with a room upgrade because we were traveling with our kids. The rooms were very clean and the pool was nice as well. We enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning and my kids got a kick out of the automatic pancake maker but only push the button once unless you want a lot of pancakes. The Hotel is close to restaurants, shopping and pretty much anything you need. We can’t say enough about how attentive the staff were to our needs. It was what you expect at the upscale hotels without the upscale price. All the best Holiday Inn Express – you did a great job staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you had such a wonderful stay with us! We constantly strive to make this a great hotel guests love. Your comments will be addressed with the entire hotel staff, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans bring you back to St. Clairsville.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were there for 4 days. The rooms were spotless, a great size, beds were large and comfortable, the staff super nice and helpful and a great breakfast every morning. Will definately stay here again if I find myself in the area

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are pleased you had such a good experience, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Caldwell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It has been raining for days and we were to have our 4 grandkids for the weekend. We couldn't use our pool so we decided to look for a hotel. The girl at the front desk actually booked us in a room that would not accomodate all of us. When I went back to talk to her, she apologized over and over again and moved us to another room. The pool was very nice and the kids swam for hours. The breakfast was great. Food was hot and the lady working the area, very friendly, Our room was clean and housekeeping very friendly. It was a very nice place to stay and just relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you during your recent stay with us! Your comments will be shared with the entire hotel staff, and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!