“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rossford
Berea, Ohio
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have occasion to stay at this hotel several times a year. The rooms are always Very clean and well maintained. The front desk personnel especially Kiera are excellent. She is a very warm, professional accommodating lady. She remembers us and always welcomes us when we arrive. Great property to stay. Very convenient to downtown Toledo area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel and staff. I will be certain to pass your comments onto Kiera. She is a wonderful associate and a great member of our team.

Safe Travels.... Jan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Avilla, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Our football team stayed for a weekend. The staff was accommodating, the service was great and the rooms were clean. We had a meeting room for coaches & families to meet in. Breakfast was provided both mornings. They even helped with washing uniforms for day #2 of games. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We have a very experienced staff and they understand what it takes to go the extra mile for each guest. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again when visiting the Toledo area.

Troy, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and was underwhelmed. The room was pleasant enough, showers were hot, bedding was comfortable, but nothing really wowwed me. They no longer give away free coffee, you have to buy it from Starbucks. No free breakfast like other Marriott properties. Platinum membership was barely acknowledged. Facilities were great but staff were not.

If you need a place to stay, this is convenient but not impressive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to the Toledo area. I apologize for the lack of attention given to you as a platinum member of Marriott. We certainly should make every guest feel special, but especially our top reward members. I will be reviewing with the staff the importance of our elite member welcome. Yes, the Courtyard does proudly serve Starbucks in our Bistro and no longer offers complimentary coffee in our lobby's. All rooms have a coffee maker and complimetary coffee. Also, the hotel is starting a complete room renovation in mid-November with completion by February 1st. I hope you will visit us again when returning to Toledo so we can show off our new rooms.

Wheeling, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Overall, a nice hotel.

The hotel lobby was probably the best I've ever seen. There was great furniture and plenty of space to work, eat, and relax. Really nice fireplace area. While I dislike Courtyards charging for breakfast, it was definitely tasty! The room was ok, but wasn't remodeled and needs a refresh. As usual, Internet is included.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Rossford Courtyard during your travel to the Toledo area. You will be happy to know the room renovation begins Mid-November and will be complete February 1, 2014. It is a completely new room design with light colored wood, television mounted to the wall and pleny of outlets for your gadgets.

I hope you will stay with us again so you can enjoy the new decor!!

Saranac, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I tend to stay at a lot of Marriott properties. While this one has wonderful staff and a nice lobby, the amenities in the rooms have been poorly lacking. I first stayed at this location a couple weeks ago and found the heating / cooling very hard to control. Either too hot, or too cold, no matter how I tried to use the thermostat.

This past week, I stayed again as the hotel next door was booked. This time, I had no internet connection (apparently too far from the hub as I was on the 3rd floor at the end). The shower barely functioned...it took nearly a minute for enough pressure to build for anything to come out of the showerhead...and then it barely made it out. Heating/cooling again was a major problem. My room was very cold...at one point I had the thermostat set to 80...and while it produced heat for a little bit, the air condition suddenly kicked in and would not shut off. I turned the thermostat off...and it still continued to run. I played with the temperature control...and it continued to run. I waited...turned it off again...and waited...as my room became a meat locker. Finally, frustrated, I reached under the heating/cooling unit and unplugged it.

Again, I tend to stay at Marriott properties fairly often...so I will say this is not typical of what I find. My impression is that while the lobby and meeting rooms are nice...there's some serious work needed within the hotel rooms.

Room Tip: West end butts up against the freeway and the traffic can be quite loud...try the east end. If you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the issues with the air conditioning / heater. The thermostats and AC/Heating units are new. The hotel did have some installation issues with the theremostats but those have been resolved. I will have my engineer look at the unit from your room as my housekeeper found one unplugged and I want to be certain it is working correctly.
The hotel room renovation begins mid-November and will create a whole new environment for our guests. It is a new design with wall mounted televisions, light colored wood and plenty of outlets for your gadgets. The project will be completed early February 2014.

Safe Travels.... Jan
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thia property has by far been the worst experience of any of my stays in the Toledo area. They recently (after having stayed there multiple times in the past decided that veterans do not qualify for a gov't rate.....THIS IS THE ONLY PROPERTY IN THE AREA THAT HAS REFUSED VETERAN STATUS FOR GOV'T RATE STATUS. FYI...the Hampton next door gladly welcomes veterans, and provides a far better service. Internet in the wings of the hotel is worthless...after months of denial they finally admitted that the property was not wired adequately for full coverage. Staff seem ineptly trained especially when having to do with issues. Furnishings are antiquated. Calls to the front desk seem to take long periods to be answered, and have at times been answered by "laundry personnel". The staff has eluded confidentially that their score have not been good and that management is insisting that they be raised. I believe management is partly to blame here as they appear overly concerned about revenue over actually delivering on the services they claim to be offering. Will not ever be staying there again when much better options are available immediately next door with their competition and not far from there for the Marriott chain.

Room Tip: Stay in the main long corridor if you have any desire to have internet access
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
The government rates are for active employees who can present a photo government ID at check-in. This is the policy at all Marriott and Hilton locations. The reason we ask for valid government ID is to ensure the dramatically discounted rates are available to those actually working for the government. I sincerely apologize for the front desk not asking for the valid ID on the previous stays.
I am happy to report the internet is being upgraded to AT&T and this will solve connection issues when installed. Also, we are extremely excited to begin our room renovation in November with completion February 1, 2014. It will be a whole new look for the Courtyard Brand with a new design, colors and multiple outlets for your gadgets.

Thank you.....
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed one night at this hotel for a friends wedding, and I was so pleasantly surprised with how amazing the staff were in helping my friend organize the rooms for her wedding party. We had a block of rooms for the wedding put aside, and they helped with every little detail...even placing the welcome gift bags in every guest room.

As far as the condition of the hotel, I also have to say that this is one of the best Courtyard Marriott's I have ever seen. It was super clean, and in the process of being remodeled. The entire lobby, and breakfast area is completely modern, and extremely comfortable.

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you very much for the kinds words about the hotel and staff. I will be certain to pass along your comments to the entire team.

Safe travels and thank you for staying at the Rossford Courtyard.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg? Share your experiences!