“Beautiful location, delicious food, BUT room and especially the bed should have been more comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glenlaurel Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockbridge
Glenlaurel Inn
You added Glenlaurel Inn to your Saves list
14940 Mt. Olive Road, Rockbridge, OH 43149-9736   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockbridge B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

My husband and I visited Glenlaurel several years ago in the winter and really enjoyed our visit including hiking around frozen waterfalls at Hocking Hills and the Glenlaurel property. We visited again in September 2009. Again the food for dinner and breakfast was great and the natural surroundings lovely. However, our croft - Drummond - while very clean seemed somewhat worn. I particularly did not think that the bed was as comfortable as I would expect considering the price. I also didn't think the kitchenette (which we did not use) or the bathroom were as nicely finished as one might expect. Overall, however, we had an enjoyable get-away and I would also recommend the zip-line tour nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Everything was just wonderful, food, scenery, croft. We loved it so much we had to go back. Looking forward to another return visit. So charming!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Beautiful area, gorgeous cottage, and PEACE. I had forgotten what the night sky used to look like. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Glen Laurel was absolutely breathtaking! The soft music in the rooms, exquisite dinner, lunches on the patio, hike on the private trail, chocolate covered strawberries in our room, jacuzzi tub, wine tasting with the owners, couples massage... need I say more?!?!

Definitely check this place out! You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I surprised my husband with a one night stay at Glenlaurel. It was our first time staying there. We entered our "Croft" to soft music playing and there was even special anniversary gift awaiting us! The dinner was great and breakfast was incredible. We toured the grounds after breakfast. Everything was so beautiful and peaceful! We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My fiance and I went to glenlaurel for dinner one night. We didn't stay there so I don't know how the cottages or rooms are. There is a very nice ambiance there and everyone seems friendly. The landscaping on the property is beautiful as well. The dinner consisted of a 5-course meal. Some things were extremly salty and some didn't have enough salt. Dessert was strawberry shortcake with a scone which was not very tasty. The best part of the meal was the appetizer which was smoked salmon and a deviled egg. After dessert the chef comes out and I didn't know what to say except that it was good. It definitely wasn't anything to get excited over, but I didn't say that to him. For the price we paid I would have expected some wine with it but they don't have a liquor license and we were told we could bring our own. After getting the bill I wish we would've had some wine because that was not at all what I thought the price should be. I really feel that you pay more for presentation than anything else but that's just my opinion. Along with great service I want great tasting food and then it would be worth the price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

My fiance and I stayed for a Saturday night recently and had a wonderful time. First of all, we only had time for one evening and the Inn was able to accomodate (normally a two night stay on the weekend is required). Staying in one of the older crofts (the Drummond) when we arrived we noticed it had recently been completely been refurbished and was beautiful. The music playing when we walked in set the tone for the evening, VERY relaxing. A great screened in porch, fireplace, good sized kitchen, hot tub and screened in porch was perfect for us. We brought our own dinner but had breakfast at the Manor House the next morning and it was delicious. Their homemade granola is very good and we bought some to take home. Beautiful property, comfortable surroundings and a quiet setting make this one of the best stays we've had in a long time and possibly ever. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenlaurel Inn? Share your experiences!