“Escape to Brigadoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glenlaurel Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockbridge
Glenlaurel Inn
Save Saved
You added Glenlaurel Inn to your Saves list
14940 Mt. Olive Road, Rockbridge, OH 43149-9736   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockbridge B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Escape to Brigadoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I wanted a cozy room in Hocking Hills, some fine food, and rest from the rat race for a couple of days. I had to work for a few hours a day, and needed a reliable high speed WiFi connection. I found Glenlaurel by doing an Internet search for those criteria. Wow...I will return again and again. This property has a wide assortment of lodging options (cabins, suites and rooms). I stayed in the simplest room--The Robertson--in the Carriage House. The staff was great. The food was amazing. For me, though, the most exquisite part of my two night stay was the hike in Glenlaurel's Camusfearna Gorge. Transporting, magical, heavenly are words that come to mind when I struggle to find words to describe how blessed I felt to be in such a place of natural, wild beauty. Ohio is so lucky to have such hidden treasures as this Gorge and Glenlaurel Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GlenlaurelInn, Owner at Glenlaurel Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Fabulous! Thank you so much for your visit and your feedback. We’re so glad you were able to treat yourself to a special get away. We are so lucky to be situated on a special site and our gorge changes with each season, thus making it even more special. We look forward to having you as our guests again!

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Monroe, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

While the trip didn't take place, I wanted to give kudos to Becky at this location for her stellar customer service. She explained all our options and packages and is just the loveliest person to talk to! Thanks Becky!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Galion, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our first visit to the Glenlaurel Inn. We had a very nice time and it was a very good experience overall. We stayed in one of the cabins on the property which was pleasant. This is a nice place to go for a get-away weekend in which you don’t want to be bothered, be around technology and just enjoy a little nature and rest – we recommend it for that. My wife especially enjoyed watching the deer up close from the large picture window at the back of the cabin. The Loch Ness Pub has a nice selection of wine and is a cozy experience and you will be welcomed by a charming inn keeper and staff. Now, I know that people rave about the meals from reading other posts but they were “ok” in our opinion. It was kind of drag having to get “dressed for dinner” when you really just want to relax. The food was good but not superior. The service was tops and we enjoyed our stay. Each cabin has a private whirlpool hot tub which is a nice feature. The cabin we stayed in could use a little updating – for example – the fixtures were a little tired and some of the maintenance could have been better.

Room Tip: We recommend the in-room couple massage and ask for package deals. We also recommend that you ask f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GlenlaurelInn, Owner at Glenlaurel Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your visit and your feedback. The couples massage is definitely something everyone should try once! We are disappointed to hear you didn’t think our dining experience was top-notch. We strive to create an atmosphere where guests feel welcome and enjoy the food. We only request guests dress in “classy-casual” attire (no jeans) for our dinner service so all guests can enjoy the same ambiance. We are in the process of updating all of our accommodations and we look forward to having you as our guests again to experience our upgrades at the property.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Cottage was wonderful..small but comfortable. Nice and private. Hot tub was nice in the snow. Bed was comfortable. Decor was nice. Food and service as always was excellent. Many areas for easy hikes in the vicinity and on the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This past weekend marked the second visit of my husband and I to Glenlaurel. We stayed in the MacKay cottage, which is a lovely place to spend a couple of nights! The bed is extremely cozy with excellent linens, and we watched a couple of movies while lounging in total comfort. Having fireplaces in both the living room and the bedroom is a very nice extra touch. I love the robes! The kitchenette is a great feature, making wine, cheese and a few snacks very easy to manage. The hot tub is on a deck located off the bedroom, which is completely private and so relaxing after hiking in the parks. We went to Ash Cave and Cedar Falls, both very easy to access and beautiful. Overall, we love the privacy at Glenlaurel, which you sometimes do not find at other inns or B&Bs. Breakfast comes with the room, and we found both our breakfasts to be tasty. The service was ok, but not as good as on our past visit. The servers were friendly enough, but very immature. It might be better if the inn attempted a less formal approach to their food service, which might make the inexperienced staff more at ease. The same issues were true at dinner Saturday night. The food was delicious and well prepared but the service was a little clumsy and the server didn't seem to be quite certain what she was presenting to us. She was really trying, however, and that made a world of difference. We will definitely be back to Glenlaurel. For couples, it's the best place to stay in Hocking Hills.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage for privacy in a very romantic, cozy space.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GlenlaurelInn, Owner at Glenlaurel Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We really appreciate your positive review and are so glad you had an exceptional experience during your stay. We value your opinion and strive to always make Glenlaurel a special place so guests can create magical memories.

Regarding our dining room service…we have been undergoing staff changes and a training program. Needless to say, your comments were upsetting and we hope you’ll give us another try and can be blown away by our service on your next visit. We are adding a 3-course dinner so perhaps you can try that next time. We take great pride in the service, as well as the quality of food, that we extend to our guests and hope you’ll experience that on your next visit.
Rockbridge, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our dining experience was marvelous as always. Starting out at the Pub for a drink is nice, the space is warm and cozy, enjoyed a drink or two and then we headed up to dinner. The night we were there, the appetizer was a crabcake that was delicious. Coming from me, that says a great deal as I love crabcakes and have tasted many of them. The simple but flavorful mushroom barley soup was a pleasant surpise and the filet was exquisite. The sides were the perfect portion and well prepared. Everyone at the table was happy with how their filets were prepared, just as they asked. Loved the strawerry sorbet palate cleanser and the dried cherry/almond creme brulee was the perfect ending to a fantastic dining experience.

Do not hesitate to take advantage of this gourmet dining experience when visiting the Hocking Hills. You will not find anything like it for miles!

Kris L

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GlenlaurelInn, Owner at Glenlaurel Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We really appreciate your positive review and are so glad you had a nice dining experience. We take great pride in the service as well as the quality of food that we serve and we feel privileged to have such a wonderful and talented staff. We offer nightly dinner service at 7pm, which is available to both guests and non-guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Logan, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've lived in Logan/Hocking Hills area for a few months. I asked my boyfriend if he would take me to a nice restaurant for my birthday. I thought that we would have to go all the way up to Columbus to go out to a place that doesn't blare sports on televisions. He surprised me with a dinner here at the GlenLaurel Inn.

I was so delighted with the decor of the grounds: it was around Christmas and a few trees decorated with lights led our way to the entrance. The buildings are so cute and the inside even better.

There were a couple other guests and we mingled as we drank a beer and waited for dinner to be announced. Once dinner was ready we went upstairs and the wait staff, a younger gentleman, read us a poem after seating.

We were afraid we wouldn't be full with the amount of food that was served, but to my delight, the seven courses was more than plenty and VERY delicious. My favorite was the pumpkin soup. If the place wasn't so "fancy" I would have asked for the recipe.

I give this a five star rating because the people were nice, the food was great and the atmosphere was awesome. Happy birthday to me.

The only thing I would change, and it doesn't bring any changes to my rating, would be that it was a little difficult to find except for the lit trees.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenlaurel Inn? Share your experiences!