“perfect wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of At Boulders Edge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockbridge
At Boulders Edge
You added At Boulders Edge to your Saves list
11470 Dalton Rd., Rockbridge, OH 43149   |
Findlay, Ohio
“perfect wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

we had our wedding aug 14 frank and renee went out of their way to make it perfect upon arrival i was told it was going to rain that night my family was suppose to be sleeping in a teepee it was going to be wet then they informed us that the lodge happened to be open (a cancelation) they let my family stay in the lodge. the lodge is absolutely beautifull my family loved it .my wife and i stayed in the tallpines cabin everything was very clean frank and renee are very freindly we had our wedding on rockbridge. what a gorgious place. renees pictures turned out wonderful. EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!!!!! we will be going back very soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Commerce Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is the rudest couple I've ever come across. We stayed in the Tee Pee and one side is a good 6 inches off the ground while the other is 3 inches or fewer. At 2am the first night, I heard a ruckus outside. I took my flashlight and went outside. A raccoon had tipped the trash over and was looking for goodies, no big deal. We had not put one once of food in the trash. Later at 3:30am I heard another ruckus and got up again. This time I realized the coon had been in the Tee Pee and taken cereal from a zip lock bag. The animal did not get in via the 'huge' hole for entering the Tee Pee but because the East side of the Tee Pee was quite high and elevated enough to allow animals in. Our family could not sleep and moved to our parent’s place who had rented a cabin. In the morning when I tried to point out a discrepancy in the width of the Tee Pee to the floor I was verbally abused for my lack of intellect and camping aptitude.
When I complained, this man turned his ears of and continually told me he could not control the outdoors. I tried to explain that was not the expectation and that we simply couldn’t understand the discrepancy in height differential around the Tee Pee. I was never rude to this man and he verbally accosted me. Not only that, he said “what do you want? A refund?” Confused I said “sure” and he said “You won’t get on and get out!” “You have 20 minutes to get out!”
Please trust me I never rose my voice, I never became rude. This man not only threw me out of this property but refused to refund my money. Please tell me, if you throw someone out, can you still keep their money?
My in-laws were still in their cabin and we drove back on site to their cabin. This insane man came running behind our van because we didn’t immediately leave. Hello….out kids were still at a cabin inside your property. We still had a bunch of stuff to pack and we had to explain to my in-laws what happened. About 15 minutes later the lady called my mother-in-law’s cell phone to tell her we had to get out ‘or else’.
Really? At this point all I wanted to do was leave but the yahoo’s wanted me to leave without my kids or luggage. My mother-in-law, trying to smooth things over offered to pay extra if could just stay with her, it was her birthday! The answer “no”. I was already beyond staying but these people are beyond rude.
Five minutes later, my mother-in-law’s cell phone rings again, this time to inform her that if we don’t leave they’ll be charged an additional $60 a night. By this time I’m already secured a hotel room.
Please tell me how you can tell someone to leave who has paid to stay on your property because they complain? Beyond that, how do you tell them they 20 minutes to get out with a refund? You can say take it or leave it, that’s what you paid for, but you can’t kick someone out and take their money and harass people staying there because we haven’t left yet!
Do yourself a favor and don’t stay here. If you have a problem, it’s your problem.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
atbouldersedge, Owner at At Boulders Edge, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
96% of our reviews are positive. Our guests thoroughly enjoy the privacy and seclusion that our Tipi's have to offer. The Tipi's are constructed to give adequate air flow inside and if you are an intelligent camper you do not keep food inside the Tipi - this will attract critters.It is also unexceptable to rent a cabin for 2 people and then expect to have 4 additional people stay at no charge.The reviewer admittedly goes back to the cabin to pack her belongings and children that were not even supposed to be in the cabin to begin with. We did offer to let them stay in the cabin for an additional $20 per person (very reasonable) -they chose to rent at a local motel for twice the amount and then still expected to spend their time at our cabin. We try very hard to make sure that all of our guests have a beautiful, clean and secluded place to spend their vacation - unfortunately we occassionally get someone that expects to break the rules and then they get upset when their caught.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the dot calm cabin for 2 nights.The cabin was very clean and comfy. This cabin is very private and dog friendly.We took our little frenchbo dog Luna and she was in heaven. Everything you need to cook a great meal is available in the full kitchen. We went to see the Rock House which is only 10 min from the cabin and it was absolutly beautiful. Frank and Renee are very accommodating and have an exceptional property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Can't wait to come back and bring the rest of the family! We want to stay at the new lodge. The view from our cabin was great. The cabin was very clean! The owner's were fun and helpful. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

What an awesome place and people! Frank and Renee made us feel so much at home and comfortable from the moment we arrived to the second we left. If you are thinking of eloping/getaway wedding this IS the place to go! The Cabins and area are absolutely beautiful, we couldn't have been more satified with everything. The Tallpines Cabin was such a great choice to have the ceremony at, the scenery amazing. We absolutely wanted for nothing while at the cabin everything you can think of needing for a short visit or extended visit is there! Clean and beautiful inside and out. Frank performed out ceremony and Renee took wonderful photos, the memories you guys have helped to give us will live in our hearts forever.....can't wait til our 1st Anniversary....hopefully will be spending it there!!! God Bless you both....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Conneaut, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed in the Skyview cabin during our visit to At Boulder's Edge in Hocking Hills for my girlfriend's Birthday. We were so extremely pleased with every single aspect of our stay! Renee went above and beyond to ensure that we had the best and most comfortable experience possible! The cabin inside was emaculate! The view from the hot tub was spectacular! I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is. It IS located near rt 33 but we couldn't hear the traffic at night. You could only see the lights in the distance from the cars. It took about 45 minutes total to get to some of the most popular sites but the drive was awesome...4 miles up the highway...exit at 664 and the rest of the trip was through a very nice winding country road! Lots of photo opportunities along the way. We WILL be going back...possibly for our 1 year anniversary in March!? Who knows! But it's a lovely place! YOU'VE GOTTA VISIT!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
gallion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

What a wonderful place for the family, We stayed for a week in the Tipi and the kids had a blast - the wife and I also found time to relax under the stars once the kids feel asleep. The owners of this place Frank and Renee were so helpful - they went out of their way to make sure that we had a great time. The Tipis are set off by themselves so it was nice to be out in the woods without all of the crowds. There was alot of deer and hawks flew over head every day. The campground was clean and this was the best kept bathroom in any campground we have ever been to.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to At Boulders Edge? Share your experiences!