“Ain't What it Used to Be!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverne of Richfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Richfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Historic Taverne of Richfield has been around since 1886 and has worn many hats. Currently owned by Serena Raybould (since October 2010), The Taverne features live music on the weekends, daily specials, happy hour, banquets, private parties, outdoor seating, steaks, seafood, daily chef specials, wine list, 28 martinis, 2 fireplaces in the dining room and bar, martini lounge, and much much more. Cuisine is chef inspired with all homemade sauces, soups, dishes, and also features organic dishes and seasonal specialties shopped from local farms.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Ain't What it Used to Be!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My memories of the Taverne of Richfield were nothing but first class...great Sunday brunch, excellent dinners, professional, and helpful classy service. Unfortunately as often happens in the restaurant business, it changes hands and the standards for quality food, good service and cleanliness also changes...but not necessarily for the better. We stopped here on a Sunday mid-afternoon. Nobody in the dining room so we sat in the bar. I was immediately taken aback by the fact that there were only three people in the bar with a football game on the tube. (One of the three was a bartender.) So the bartender see us, leaves and goes to the opposite direction of our table to do what ever. Eventually she comes back and finally asks us what we would like to drink and hands us menus. My son had a lemonade, wife and I ordered diet Coke. The Coke was flatter than the bar top. She (bartender) gets lost again. One of the two guys leave the bar. She finally makes another appearance. Told her Coke was flat, went to bottled beer. We ordered two burgers, wife orders some kind of chicken salad sandwich. Finished all our drinks, last guy leaves the bar. We're alone with empty drinks, no food and no bartender. Spotted some guy that looked like a potential employee. Asked if he worked there-yes, brought us another beer and two soft drinks. (another flat Coke for my wife) Our disappearing bartendress reappears with our food. Burgers burned, chicken slathered is some type of syrupy sweet slimy stuff. YUK. Wanted to walk out of the dump, but was overruled because nobody had lunch and it was already 3:30PM. Now I know why we were the ONLY ones in there. Never again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Dining in Richfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor, we decided to dine At the Taverne of Richfield on a Saturday night during our weekend at Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We weren't disappointed - this place should be on everyone's list. We had reservations for 6:30pm, but the restaurant wasn't crowded. (Live entertainment was due to start at 8pm) Since the weather was perfect, we ate out on the patio. Other than occasional street noise, the patio was lovely. Both hubby and I had the lobster bisque, and we split the crab cake appetizer; I had the bacon-wrapped filet with goat cheese polenta, and hubby had the organic/natural salmon. All the food was hot, cooked just the way we asked and delicious. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert. Service was just a tad on the slow side, but we weren't in a hurry so that didn't bother us. We will definitely eat here again when we're in the area!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Came with two friends for lunch on a Thursday. Seemed a little understaffed, place was almost empty but there was a bit of a wait to be seated and food took a bit long to come out of kitchen. We didn't mind because we were coming to socialize but if we would have been on a lunch break it would have been a problem. Our waiter was friendly, offered suggestions and had no problem with a request of turning a sandwich on a bun into a wrap. We enjoyed our wraps and melts with fries, all reasonably priced, around eight dollars. The homemade ketchup was interesting, less sweet. I don't know if I missed something but, I couldn't find a glass of wine for under eight dollars, that is more then I want to pay, especially at lunch. It's an attractive building inside and out, I would consider it an adult setting. It's in a house so seating is in various rooms, lots of dark wood and formal touches. I could not give it five stars because the water tastes terrible. It tasted like rust, not one of us could get it down. I can honestly say I had to order a martini with lunch because I don't drink pop and I figured the iced tea would have been made with that horrible water. Seriously, if I don't go back it would be because my family and friends might like a cocktail with a meal but we also like to have water and the water was simply undrinkable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Surprisingly good venue for business presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Neat, quaint place loaded with atmosphere. Brought 50 clients here recently; though we had only planned on 35, these folks easily accommodated our needs in their upstairs meeting room. Excellent food, stellar service and the room was quiet and spacious. I would certainly come back here!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great Reataurant and Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Wow ..... This place has changed so much since it was Stancato's ..... The Martini Bar is an awesome spot for a tipple or two and the main bar area is also. The food in the restaurant is fantastic, unlike any you will find anywhere else in Richfield. It might not be the cheapest place to eat but you still get GREAT value for money. Last time I was here they had a Jazz Combo on called The Sterle Brothers and they are AMAZING !! If you ever get them back you should let everyone know as they will a winning draw for sure.

Visited May 2013